Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket Direct Debit

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There was another thread about this posted earlier in the week but my 2 sons havent had theirs taken yet.

I thought that we had moved on and the club had become more efficient then again it could be teething troubles with a new idea and system

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So that will be loads of people calling the office on Monday 6th. Cant understand why if they set the payments to be taken on 1st of each month they dont go out that day unless of course it is a bank holiday, which it wasnt. Perhaps somebody with bank knowledge and experience could explain.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The club need to cancel around a thousand season tickets for non payment so they can flog them again to people on the waiting list :lolol:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So that will be loads of people calling the office on Monday 6th. Cant understand why if they set the payments to be taken on 1st of each month they dont go out that day unless of course it is a bank holiday, which it wasnt. Perhaps somebody with bank knowledge and experience could explain.

Basically a DD give whoever the authority to take money from your account as and when they notify you. They have to request the money from your bank, so this means they haven't done that yet.

DD's are not automatic like a Standing order.

So that will be loads of people calling the office on Monday 6th.

Followed by endless threads complaining about not being able to get through, being stuck at position 1-15 for 20 minutes, getting cut off, asking for 01273 number etc etc etc.
If the Council didn't take your council tax d/d payment on the usual day one month would anyone really ring them up to find out why it was delayed, and why the angst ffs?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the council didnt take the council tax payment it would take a time for them to take other action and enable you to sort it out. The club can just cancel your season ticket by saying its not been paid it is then too late for people to fight the action. especially with a waiting list for tickets.

If the council didnt take the council tax payment it would take a time for them to take other action and enable you to sort it out. The club can just cancel your season ticket by saying its not been paid it is then too late for people to fight the action. especially with a waiting list for tickets.

So the Club are really going to do this over a payment delay of a few days via a direct debit that's been set up correctly, validated (ie earlier payments already taken) and all without giving written notice? Yes of course they are, just like the Council would stop collecting your refuse next week.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It doesnt affect me but does my sons but I cannot understand why there shoukl be a problem with submitting the DD as specified on the correct date. Dont credit card companies etc submit the request for payment earleir than the due date and then have it taken on the correct date.

Could people cancel the DD and set up a Standing Order to be paid 1st of each month

seagull50

Feb 13, 2011
London
i think they have done it to help all supporters. the lad said it will actually be the first week of each month instead of the 1st of each month

Sandaza's Nose

Jan 3, 2011
Taking the payment late could potentially make people overdrawn, surely? This is part of the direct debit guarantee that was on the forms we all filled in to set the DD up...

If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit we will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.

Are they keeping to that?
For the record, I don't really know how these things work and don't actually care that much...just making a point

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's easier for the club to have DDs. They can take the money when they need it (subject to mandate) and they can raise the amount next season without asking fans to authorise anything. Obviously a fan can cancel if they do not wish to continue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here