Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket countdown.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Gus telling us today on seagulls.co.uk theer are still a few hundred left and that its only 21,000 season ticket holders

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
19......we must have the most season tickets holders in the championship

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Didn't the club quote a few months back that they were looking to sell extra 4,000 on top of the existing 18,500 so 22,500 now sold. However due to unexpectedly high demand maybe they decided to sell more of the remaining pay on day seats? Anyhow 14 left on line and Gus's figure has to be wrong. Need to get club to come out and say what they have sold.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Didn't the club quote a few months back that they were looking to sell extra 4,000 on top of the existing 18,500 so 22,500 now sold. However due to unexpectedly high demand maybe they decided to sell more of the remaining pay on day seats? Anyhow 14 left on line and Gus's figure has to be wrong. Need to get club to come out and say what they have sold.

I am sure they will once we have 'sold out' - but the online figures do not include Family Stand STs or disabled STs, so not sure if these have all gone.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton

Does the 22,500 include Club 1901 / Corporate? If not, there's another 2,500 on top? Maybe Gus was referring to 21K excluding the 1901 / Corporate?

I was in the shop today, unsucessfully trying to add one more ST in the family stand for our existing 4.

I was told though that in the next day, it is very likely that the next block in the south stand would be released as ST sales, and if I wanted to there would be the possibility of buying 5 together here and giving up my 4 amazing seats in the family stand (no chance)

If my maths is correct, another block would be close on 600 seats and would then only leave about 700 for staff, comps and match by match sales.

If this is the case, I guess the exchange will be going ahead for sure.

I did also ask if this is released, what happens if the we a cup game with 15% to the away fans and he didnt know. However, a precedent was set at Norwich (v Leicester) this year when Norwich did not give the full allocation. Their reason was they were unable to as there were no seats available not sold to season ticket holders.

Maybe the current allocation will just have to suffice for cup matches? It's 3300 which is decent and still represents 12% this year 11% once all the expansions are in place. I am guessing that with corporate, VIP and player/family tickets, the club will be able to get close enough to the 15% figure to avoid it being a problem.

However, if the club to manage to sell all of block S1H (600 ish) then match by match sales will only be the remains of S1G.

Interesting..........................

Edit: Depending on where the tarpooling partition is placed in South stand, it would be quite easy to move it a couple of rows west and add another 150 seats for the away fans. I think the facilities in the south can only be divided half way, but 3450 away fans would be close of 13%, and no doubt reach 15% with the extras....

Last edited:

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
Just took advantage of the BOGOFF deal in the shop in Queens road and picked a couple of shirts up. Asked how many season tickets were left : "just over a hundred ... 106, I think" was the answer.

So there are more than showing online.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
it's odds-on that the game on 15th December will switch as is usual close to Christmas.

Not odds on at all: we don't play at Withdean any more. The reason we used to change that game at Withdean was because the shoppers park & ride ran from the site, so it was very busy.

Now we aren't affected by shoppers' park & ride buses, and the shops are as empty in December as they are all year round, it shouldn't make a difference.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
so if we sold another block (approx. 600) that would only leave approx 700 for match day sales/staff etc if away team had following of 3300, can’t really see many more than 6 or 7 teams bringing 3300 away fans…so realistically we should still have couple of thousand tickets to shift each game even with those extra 600 sold.
So far we must have sold over 22,500 with possibility that it could go up over 23,000 season ticket holders. This would be amazing – although think will might struggle to sell another 600 season tickets unless a couple of big signings before start of the season

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
still 14 left perhaps people hanging on for the final block as only single tickets remaining

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
so if we sold another block (approx. 600) that would only leave approx 700 for match day sales/staff etc if away team had following of 3300, can’t really see many more than 6 or 7 teams bringing 3300 away fans…so realistically we should still have couple of thousand tickets to shift each game even with those extra 600 sold.
So far we must have sold over 22,500 with possibility that it could go up over 23,000 season ticket holders. This would be amazing – although think will might struggle to sell another 600 season tickets unless a couple of big signings before start of the season
Season tickets are not everything and it's not important where crowds are concerned,that's because we could have 15k ST holders yet still get 25k crowds no probs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here