Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season starts with an Away Fixture again....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I wonder if the club will again be 'surprised' by the Uni open days....you know, the sudden change of ko times to some ungodly hour.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And will Southern Rail be 'surprised' at having to lay on trains on Boxing Day

After last years fiasco did n't the FL tell the Albion that they should not expect a home game on Boxing Day for a very long time?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good. I'm away that weekend having totally forgotten about the early start. Result.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Pride takes place on a Saturday. Why couldn't we play a home game on the Sunday?

In answer to the above question: There will be League Cup fixture in the first week. However, that could also be away of course.

Double time for all the stewards and staff? Need to cut costs :) Anyway, if the first game is away, doesn't that mean the last game should be at home? Or is that too simple?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not fishing at all, genuinely interested, but do other clubs who are affected by pride festivals, like Manchester have to have an away game that weekend?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like having an away trip to start with. Usually sunny, its a brilliant way to start the season.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I am glad to be away as well as away till the 5th august. Was kicking myself that i would miss the opening weekend but if its away then suits me fine. Last year managed to get all my holiday around the football season. Girlfriend not to impressed but hey.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Bournemouth away would be an absolutely brilliant game to start the season!

I am hoping for an away game i would not be attending. Bournemouth is one of 10 on my list this year and as i am away till the 5th if August i hope not as that is a whole weekend away for me when it happens

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here