Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Previews Thread 21/22

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
As it stands squad much the same as last season. Prediction survival by a few points in a season where we look pretty but fail to score goals.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The best comment I've seen that sums up last season:

"There was plenty of banjo-swinging, but bovine derrières went largely unscathed at the Amex."

Something that desperately needs to change if we are to kick on this season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Guardian one is so poor. I don't expect a fawning tribute but a bit of knowledge wouldn't go amiss.

Please explain, as based on that comment it seems you do expect fawning tribute.

Nobody, other than a few clowns on here sees the Albion as 'well if we'd won half the games we'd drawn we'd have finished mid table'.

Everyone else sees us for what we are, and always have been:-

A BOTTOM 6 SIDE.

Writing a season preview before the window has slammed shut, is a fools errand.

But as it stands, at the time of writing, the Albion are a bottom 6 side who's squad has got smaller.
A fact reflected in the article.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Please explain, as based on that comment it seems you do expect fawning tribute.

Nobody, other than a few clowns on here sees the Albion as 'well if we'd won half the games we'd drawn we'd have finished mid table'.

A BOTTOM 6 SIDE.

But as it stands, at the time of writing, the Albion are a bottom 6 side who's squad has got smaller.

I think the issue lies more in comments such as:

"On the left, Bernardo has been released, and March and Dan Burn have felt like stand-ins rather than long-term solutions."

And

"The crest
The design was updated in 2011 to reflect the club’s nickname"

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

A BOTTOM 6 SIDE.

1. "Worryingly, the only other additions have been the teenager Jeremy Sarmiento from Benfica and Kjell Scherpen," There's a month left of the transfer window- who's worried?

2. "But what to do with the money? " Mentions a couple of tenuous links, ignoring the ones that seem to have more basis (Cucurella and Núñez)

3. "Brighton’s biggest problems, however, remain in wide areas." Goals are clearly the biggest problem

4. "March and Dan Burn have felt like stand-ins rather than long-term solutions." Solly was a revelation at LWB pre-injury. Burn, although unorthodox, was a key player. His role as an outlet perhaps underestimated

5. "a capable first XI but lack depth." I'd say we had a fair bit of depth but lacked star quality in forward areas

6. "41 Premier League points but their survival was eased by the paltry totals of the relegated sides. The three coming up from the Championship – Norwich, Watford and Brentford – will surely not be so limp." 41 points will keep you up 90% of the time. If we could have beaten the sides below us we would've been very comfortable.

7. "Potter took Östersund from the fourth tier of Swedish football to a last-32 tie of the Europa League before moving to Brighton in 2019." Swansea?

8. "Of the Brighton players who went only Leandro Trossard (Belgium) and Jakub Moder (Poland) got on the pitch (Veltman and the now-departed White also did not)" Veltman did, didn't he?

9. "Nearly five miles out of the city centre, the stadium is not the most convenient for fans." 4 miles from Churchill sq, 3.5 from the station. The train takes 10 mins from Brighton, even less than that from Lewes. OK, a city centre ground would be lovely but it's hardly a ballache to get to

10. "The design was updated in 2011 to reflect the club’s nickname," I'm pretty sure there was a seagull on the old one

11. "Brighton fans responded to Crystal Palace supporters shouting “Eagles, Eagles” outside a pub in the 1970s with the cry of “Seagulls, Seagulls” " He's about 2/3 right, there

Then there's all the stuff he didn't say :)

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

"On the left, Bernardo has been released, and March and Dan Burn have felt like stand-ins rather than long-term solutions."

And

"The crest

[The Amex] where fans are expected to belt out their customary “Sea, sea, seasider” bangers.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

And

"The crest

The crest was updated in 2011 no? It was certainly around then we reverted to a circular one.
How I wish we never got the bloody seagulls nickname. At least the current one isn’t fat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1. "Worryingly, the only other additions have been the teenager Jeremy Sarmiento from Benfica and Kjell Scherpen," There's a month left of the transfer window- who's worried?

2. "But what to do with the money? " Mentions a couple of tenuous links, ignoring the ones that seem to have more basis (Cucurella and Núñez)

3. "Brighton’s biggest problems, however, remain in wide areas." Goals are clearly the biggest problem

4. "March and Dan Burn have felt like stand-ins rather than long-term solutions." Solly was a revelation at LWB pre-injury. Burn, although unorthodox, was a key player. His role as an outlet perhaps underestimated

5. "a capable first XI but lack depth." I'd say we had a fair bit of depth but lacked star quality in forward areas

6. "41 Premier League points but their survival was eased by the paltry totals of the relegated sides. The three coming up from the Championship – Norwich, Watford and Brentford – will surely not be so limp." 41 points will keep you up 90% of the time. If we could have beaten the sides below us we would've been very comfortable.

7. "Potter took Östersund from the fourth tier of Swedish football to a last-32 tie of the Europa League before moving to Brighton in 2019." Swansea?

8. "Of the Brighton players who went only Leandro Trossard (Belgium) and Jakub Moder (Poland) got on the pitch (Veltman and the now-departed White also did not)" Veltman did, didn't he?

9. "Nearly five miles out of the city centre, the stadium is not the most convenient for fans." 4 miles from Churchill sq, 3.5 from the station. The train takes 10 mins from Brighton, even less than that from Lewes. OK, a city centre ground would be lovely but it's hardly a ballache to get to

10. "The design was updated in 2011 to reflect the club’s nickname," I'm pretty sure there was a seagull on the old one

11. "Brighton fans responded to Crystal Palace supporters shouting “Eagles, Eagles” outside a pub in the 1970s with the cry of “Seagulls, Seagulls” " He's about 2/3 right, there

Then there's all the stuff he didn't say :)

1 - it's a fools errand in the first week of August.
2 - I bet Nunez reappeared after the 'article' was written, where as Claudia's other half had gone quiet due to the Olympics. Celtic rumour will be more 'sexy' to the readership.
3 - true.
4 - Dan Burn to a tee and Solly hasn't played since when, November?
5 - We've offloaded the depth and are yet to find star quality, up front.
6 - WE FUDGING WELL DIDN'T - Jesus, Mary and Joseph why is it so f**king hard for posters to understand last season we didn't beat any of the relegated sides.
The Albion are a bottom 6 size and it's thinks like that which explain why.
7 - Poor in his part.
8 - For about 10 minutes, but again poor.
9 - No it isn't but I bet if you do over now with all the knowledge of the last 10 years aquired, the council would move heaven and earth to get the cash cow into the city.
10 11 - Poor but hardly worth crying over.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The crest was updated in 2011 no? It was certainly around then we reverted to a circular one.
How I wish we never got the bloody seagulls nickname. At least the current one isn’t fat.

Yeah, but there's been on a Seagull on it since 1977.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
1 - it's a fools errand in the first week of August.
2 - I bet Nunez reappeared after the 'article' was written, where as Claudia's other half had gone quiet due to the Olympics. Celtic rumour will be more 'sexy' to the readership.
3 - true.
4 - Dan Burn to a tee and Solly hasn't played since when, November?
5 - We've offloaded the depth and are yet to find star quality, up front.
6 - WE FUDGING WELL DIDN'T - Nessus Mary and Joseph why is it so f**king hard for posters to understand last season we didn't beat any of the relegated sides.
The Albion are a bottom 6 size and it's thinks like that which explain why.
7 - Poor in his part.
8 - For about 10 minutes, but again poor.
9 - No it isn't but I bet if you do over now with all the knowledge of the last 10 years aquired, the council would move heaven and earth to get the cash cow into the city.
10 11 - Poor but hardly worth crying over.

So, in short, you agree with all of my points? No.6 you seem to quite angrily agree with :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here