Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season preparation

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Loans are generally a mistake, although, granted, some are brilliant. They are not a mistake because of blocking our youngsters, but because they are less motivated than 'owned' players. Clubs like ours rely on team spirit, shown yesterday with zero loanees.

Actually they are both. What is the point of signing Harper, if you are going bring a loan player in, in front of him?

Crunchy

Jul 7, 2015
Went for loaning the attacking midfielder because the pot is limited and a flair playmaker who is good cost a fraction less than top strikers. Farming the u21s of top prem/la liga/bundesliga sides is the way to go I feel - tex worked for us and Pritchard worked for Brentford. Someone like Marcos Lopes from City is the kind of player we should be enquiring for imho

Edit - harper is definitely an attractive option and looks very good, but stepping up from Madrid C to champ is a big ask - this is the season to bring him in, but not rely on him I feel. Bring him up to speed and make him the attacking midfielder next year is the way to go I reckon

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We need at least one quality winger, but they don't need to be able to play both sides - it's difficult enough bringing a good winger in as it is, let's not limit our choice further. And we need another centre back to compete for a place with Dunk and Greer, be available when another is suspended etc.

The rest isn't so easy. We now have 4 first team strikers, so no point in getting another unless they are top quality. And if we have an attacking midfielder, who would they replace? Either one of our strikers to make a 4411, or a winger. Or if it's Stephens, they'd need to be creative and be able to defend too.

I'm not against loans, as long as they have the right attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here