Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Over?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Tuesday will be a good indication of where we are gonna finish.

Win-we are right back in it
Draw-Still in with a shout but will be difficult
Lose- Curtains

This is the right answer. The other teams are all giving us a chance to mess it up and still be in it. Problem is that our form in front of goal during the past 3 games is as bad as I can remember - the penalty summed up the whole team's ability to hit a barn door at the moment.

I reckon 5 wins out of the last 8 will do it; however I can't see it happening.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Points wise we're still in with a shot of the playoffs. The problem is we're going backwards..............

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Feels like it but it also felt like we were going to crack it after the games before this current run of three defeats. It is a fact that we are a fickle bunch who will be getting all enthusiastic again if we win against Blackburn. Well all except some unnamed posters who seem to revel in us failing who would still continue to peddle their gloom.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Depends by what you mean by "season over".

Right from the beginning of this season I was hoping we'd finish in the top ten with the outside chance of a top six. We're still well on course to achieve that.

To expect anything else was really being far too optimistic - we had a new manager with no experience of managing an English football team, let alone in a competitive league like the Championship.

On top of that there was the pre-season disruption and a bucket load of injuries.

Admittedly I have been bemused by some of the tactics employed and openly critical of OG's attitude regarding the cup games - neither of those however have persuaded me that as a club we should consider anything other than giving OG the chance to show what he has learnt from this season and whether he not he can apply that during both the summer transfer window and the start of next season.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The problem for me is not the table position at the end of the season I would take tenth, it's the way we play and the backward steps over the past month or so, we simply don't look like we could buy a goal let alone win a game. I want to see some progress and us set up for a great season next year but at the moment I don't see any progress or even hope.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Not over just yet, with most of the teams around us are also slumping which gives us a chance.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
The league suggests 'no' but head & heart says it's over.
I cannot see where goals will come from currently, & I include a lack lustre Ulloa in that assessment.
Transfer targets for next season need to start being identified now so we don't have a situation of having players join the squad late in the pre-season preparation to give everyone another excuse for a poor start.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Seeing as we're only due to score another 7 goals this season we'd need to use them very wisely for the season to not be finished, especially now we're leaking goals too.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not by a long shot. But any more displays like yesterday and it will be.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's hone wrong since Johnny Rotten wrote the pre match warm up dressing room song

No future for you
No future for me
No future, no future for you

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
As Ulloa prepared to take his pen, we all said our season either continues or finishes here.

So it's over I'm afraid, which is strange because we don't do mid table.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we are counting on McSmudger for next season we can forget that one as well

There is a totally unconfirmed rumour that he is going to Posh and we get Assombolonga in an exchange deal.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Its not over. However the current form needs to change starting from Tuesday. Lose to Blackburn and it will be a very big mountain to climb, relying on others to slip up. Not impossible but most unlikely too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here