Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seasiders weekend away in Brighton.

Yoda

English & European
The orange in the away end wasn't a personalised thing just the colour they have picked I think.

The whole turning the walls the colour of the away team and pictures doesn't seem to have happened.

One thing I've noticed as well. Although to be fair, I managed to get a peek in the away end the day after the Donny game and there does look to be a little bit more of an effort. An extra projector showing the images a looks like a few orange lights shining up onto the underside of the roof.

Blackpoolmad

Jun 25, 2011
Blackpool
Levi was one of 4 lads sat near us in the East Stand shouting stuff out. Him and his mates had their sleeves rolled up tight and they were having banter with 3, or 4 Blackpool fans that went on for most of the match :)

He was wearing a Levi T-shirt and getting a little upset that's all. A bit of football banter. Levi was shouting at the stewrds asking them to throw a Blackpool fan out for taking the ****!

Anyone on here witness this?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I cant see the pictures :(

Can someone post them here?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I did not think that the days years ago when we chatted to the opposition and swapped details of pubs, hotels and of course football in general would ever return, hope this situation will continue perhaps its another advantage of being in the Championship.

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
Seven hours and 15 minutes to get down was a nightmare, so within 10 minutes of checking in in Regency Square, we were in that big pub on the side street next to the Odeon.

At night, we thought Brightons pubs were not busy at all and even though we are in our 40's we were refused in half the pubs as they don't let groups in, only couples. We don't understand this policy what-so-ever.

Saturday.
Had a long walk etc and by 11.30am, the pubs around West Street were filling up. We had a few beers then got a taxi to the ground. Started to see/meet Brighton fans, all OK so far.

Ground.
West Stand as good as any Premier League ground, North Stand looks odd and out of place, but the accoustics made the noise from these two stands as good, if not better than EVERY Premier League ground and I went to virtually every away game last season. East Stand mostly quiet, but great atmosphere. You just need more songs instead of the only two I heard.
Thoughts on this? Am I wrong?

The concourse was great with tangerine everywhere (see my pics) pie was £3.50 and microwaved, not good way to cook pies.

Good banter with a few lads in the East Stand including 'Levi' and his 3 chums.

View from where we were sat not that good to be honest, right near the end next to East Stand, but ground looks good.

Thought your team were very good, played the long diaganal ball to the speedy, skillfull wingers well and the statistics were virtually equal, so 2-2 was fair, even though you'll feel mugged.

After the match, we walked side by side with home fans (strange we thought) but was then told the station back to Brighton was at the north, so we had to walk back down through the crowds (see pics).

Brighton fans were quality. We were chatting to everyone, getting loads of pics of the ground etc...

Train station had a mile long queue, so we decided to have a pint in the north stand. Took 20 mins to get there as we were stopped 10 times by friendly Brighton fans wanting to talk to us. Really great fans.

Had a couple of pints in the north compound and must of shook 100 hands and spoke to 20 odd Brighton fans including someone who posts on here BLUEBLOKE who's wife plays football and was in the match programme.

We were made extremely welcome all weekend by Brighton fans, even back on the train we met even more new friends, very friendly.

We were asked by everyone about the away end, but I didn't see any Blackpool beers and the tangerine was a nice touch.

Pub on the corner next to train station was rammed with both sets of fans all chatting and shaking hands etc... No sign of trouble at all.

Ratings out of 10 from me....

Stadium 8;
Your team 8;
Atmosphere 10;
Brighton fans 10;
Pubs 5;
Hotel 3:

Enjoy these pics and best wishes for the season and I mean that.

Bri...

out of interest what improvements would make?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Superb array of pictures ... thanks for providing the link

Nice to see the ground from a view that most of us haven't seen so far.

And a very friendly bunch you Blackpool fans are too! Spoke to a couple around the ground and on the train back to Eastbourne, generally very chatty and impressed with the stadium.

Having now seen the highlights of the game, Philips's equaliser was a cracking finish, and what a great position he took up to fire the shot in, bugger!

Jan 30, 2008
Levi was one of 4 lads sat near us in the East Stand shouting stuff out. Him and his mates had their sleeves rolled up tight and they were having banter with 3, or 4 Blackpool fans that went on for most of the match :)

He was wearing a Levi T-shirt and getting a little upset that's all. A bit of football banter. Levi was shouting at the stewrds asking them to throw a Blackpool fan out for taking the ****!

Anyone on here witness this?
sounds exciting , what a shame i missed all this :shrug:

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Had a long chat with a Blackpool fan who had come down hoping to get a ticket whilst I was outside Grand Central at around 11.30am. He was gutted, he had been to the stadium and asked in the shop and they pretty much laughed him out. What did he do? he bought ME a pint! Top guy, top fans, credit to football.

PS faceboook is baned at my work, can someone post these pics up on this thread?

Can't believe the ticket office turned away an away fan who had travelled so far. Why can't common sense prevail?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Great to hear from away fans (especially when it's positive stuff) - Christ on a bike but that hotel view looked awful! Maybe someone on here could put together a fans' guide to visiting Brighton with detailss of recommended hotels/pubs/travel etc. to post on away forums before they come down

Have often thought about doing this myself, would be quite good. Just a case of actually getting around to doing it. This post: Brighton Hove Albion vs Blackpool FC 20/08/11 - had me thinking that newmarket inn was a good shout for away fans busing it down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here