Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Search is BACK

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
With respect, Gerbil, all that stuff with E-Bay or whatever it was, went online at the end of July-start of August.

Now I don't know what school Guy sends his kids to, but it must be a pretty damned expensive one if they're still having lessons in July and August....

Butters himself was probably a little piqued when it all initially kicked off, but I honestly believe that the thing about his kids getting stick was just Oatway bullsh*tting, trying to stick up for his mate.

Firstly because the kids wouldn't have been at school at the time, and secondly because he's a Division Two footballer- a small internet/Sun newspaper article about his weight troubles is hardly going to register in the consciousness of every 10-year old in Hampshire is it?

Fact- Butters was overweight and crap last season- find me someone who disagrees.

Fact- since the E-Bay thing, he's lost weight, been both solid and extremely consistent in defence, and impressed sufficient numbers of fans to be voted Player of the Season.

I'm not suggesting it's ideal to slate players who are underperforming on all occasions, but something kicked Butters into gear this season, and I doubt it was the undying support of those who said we should never ever criticise players.

This was posted by Edna back in May.

:censored: how f***ing dare you make light of this and suggest that my kids and family were not affected by what YOU did. You have no idea.

And let me point out another fact. For all the others who really think that his form was down to the fact that he got a kick up the arse from this Ebay thing, then you couldnt be further from the truth. There are 2 people and 2 people only who can take credit for his turn around and it wasnt you Edna, you f***ing idiot. Do you honestly believe that by you putting him on Ebay and verbally insulting him like that, he got up one morning and decided you were right? Think again. You have a very high opinion of yourself.

Oh and another post you wrote about him being at Gillingham just happy to pick up his wages and play in the reserves, well why the f*** do you think he left there to come to BHA? It certainly wasnt for the mega contract he is supposedly on, he came to BHA to play first team football you numpty.

Keep out of my face and keep out of his.

And once again I apologise for my foul language and hope I have not offended....but that has been coming.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Bozza said:
Reading the above, I think this is going to come across as a "where the hell have you been" type of question. You are Mrs Butters then?

Oh I've been here alright Bozza, just not had the pleasure of reading exactly what had been said. I've kept quiet all this time because I was asked not to kick off...........but I'm sorry you have no idea what all that stuff was like and I'm pissed off with reading that Guys fortunes changed because of it. It was about time a few people actually realised that.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Good for you Race.

In a similar vein, I sincerely hope that Mark McCammon and his family don't get to see some of the inane drivel Richie Morris has been spouting recently.

It would be a pity of NSC got a bad name because of a few idiots.

:angry:

Last edited:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Lets hope McCammon proves people wrong too.

I'm certainly not tarring every NSC poster with the same brush, I enjoy this site. Everyone is entitled to an opinion if a player isnt doing well or had a bad game. It's the bullshit I dont like, and I have read plenty about Tank that just isnt true, I and I think I'm just as entitled to say so if needs be.

Race, yes, you are entitled to say so, letting off steam and frustration in an honest way never does anyone any harm :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

To me, though, the ebay stuff seemed like a stupid joke that snowballed and got out of hand. I came on to NSC a while after all that happened so I haven't read any of the threads you mention (and I won't even with the search function restored!) but I have to say that, in my time posting on NSC, Edna has come across as one of the more generous and level-headed contributors on this website. My guess is that she would be utterly mortified in reading your comments now and to have caused genuine offence.

The lesson is clear. There is a myth particularly spread around by the younger, jokier contributors to NSC/NSP that "it's only a messageboard" and you can post anything, no matter how offensive and it doesn't matter.

This is a LIE, and a MASSIVE LIE at that. People must always be prepared to take responsibility and be accountable for what they write :thumbsup:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Race said:
Lets hope McCammon proves people wrong too.

I'm certainly not tarring every NSC poster with the same brush, I enjoy this site. Everyone is entitled to an opinion if a player isnt doing well or had a bad game. It's the bullshit I dont like, and I have read plenty about Tank that just isnt true, I and I think I'm just as entitled to say so if needs be.
:love: :love:

i love you race ! this board has had that coming for a long time and i hope certain posters will now think twice about how critiscicing players can affect not only the players but their families too ! they are human as well you know !
constructive criticisum is ok but lets not insult them !

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
London Irish said:
Race, yes, you are entitled to say so, letting off steam and frustration in an honest way never does anyone any harm :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have calmed down now, but I stand by my comments. I know it happened a while ago and I know most ppl think it shouldnt be raked up and would rather not hear about it now, but it made me feel sick reading that. All the justification in the world will not make any difference to me. The funny thing is though Tank was probably the least affected by it all, hes used to the abuse and he gets a lot worse from me at home!

And he was very impressed with the fact I only used the 'F word' a few times!! :lolol:

NSC GOLD :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here