Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Search facility playing up ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're better off just using Google (other search engines are available) to search NSC.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Google is much better, when you use the NSC search facility you may have to wade through a couple of pages of mismatches before you get what you are looking for

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is anyone else finding that the text is overlapping ? On some of the rows of text but not all

It's always been like that - for as long as I've been using it anyway. And it doesn't really bring up what you're searching for, not at the top anyway.

For instance, search for 'official loanee tracker thread' - and what does NSC's search engine come up with as frst choice? Yes, you've guessed it ............. The Brexit Thread!

Never mind, it must have had NSC's obsession with Brexit programmed into it, so what's next? Oh, The Coronavirus Good News thread .... well, maybe it's good news that our loanees haven't caught Covid? Or maybe not........... Still, it must get there soon?
But no! Next up is the official running thread, closely followed by the Alexis Mac Allister - Singed! thread!
Never mind - scroll down to the 11th line - yes, bless!

Oh, do you mean by searching for the 'official loanee tracker thread' you actually wanted to find the 'official loanee tracker thread'? Why didn't you say so!

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Go to Google:

Start your search with site:northstandchat.com - then your search terms

Sorted.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
What happened to the planned upgrade for the site or did I imagine that?

Another forum I use was the same as NSC, they upgraded and the site is infinitely better to use, especially on mobile

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
One interesting "feature" of the search function is this one. If you click "Advanced search" it looks like this:

searchsinglecontent.jpg

But if you click the "Search Multiple Content Types" tab and then go back to the "Search Single Content" tab, you'll see that the very useful "Show results as posts" option suddenly appears.

showasposts.jpg

Attachments

• searchsinglecontent.jpg
    searchsinglecontent.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 62

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
One interesting "feature" of the search function is this one. If you click "Advanced search" it looks like this:

View attachment 140433

But if you click the "Search Multiple Content Types" tab and then go back to the "Search Single Content" tab, you'll see that the very useful "Show results as posts" option suddenly appears.

View attachment 140438

Is this the function you use a lot to check up on posters :moo:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's always been like that - for as long as I've been using it anyway. And it doesn't really bring up what you're searching for, not at the top anyway.

For instance, search for 'official loanee tracker thread' - and what does NSC's search engine come up with as frst choice? Yes, you've guessed it ............. The Brexit Thread!

Never mind, it must have had NSC's obsession with Brexit programmed into it, so what's next? Oh, The Coronavirus Good News thread .... well, maybe it's good news that our loanees haven't caught Covid? Or maybe not........... Still, it must get there soon?
But no! Next up is the official running thread, closely followed by the Alexis Mac Allister - Singed! thread!
Never mind - scroll down to the 11th line - yes, bless!

Oh, do you mean by searching for the 'official loanee tracker thread' you actually wanted to find the 'official loanee tracker thread'? Why didn't you say so!

The search engine does seem to favour the Brexit thread. Whether I search for 'disaster', 'naïve', 'stitched up', 'lies', 'unreal expectations' etc that's all I seem to get :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Go to Google:

Start your search with site:northstandchat.com - then your search terms

Sorted.

As my learned friend says, a site specific search on Google is the best way.

You can further refine your search using any of Google's advanced search parameters to get better results.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What happened to the planned upgrade for the site or did I imagine that?

Another forum I use was the same as NSC, they upgraded and the site is infinitely better to use, especially on mobile

No, you didn't imagine it.

That hit a few issues and is currently not progressing although it's still something I want to do in the near future. Tapatalk delivers the best mobile experience currently.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As my learned friend says, a site specific search on Google is the best way.

You can further refine your search using any of Google's advanced search parameters to get better results.

Can you provide any further examples of these (asking for a friend)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here