Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sean Dyche - slippery as an eel

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
@Bra and @Bozza, thanks for that I wasn't aware of the finer points. Sean Douche should be aware so that makes him more of a prat.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
The ref clearly saw Izquierdo's dive and waved play on, no further action can be taken, he didn't deem it worthy of a booking, probably to busy laughing.

Tarkowski's elbow wasn't seen as it was off the ball, this is where retrospective action can come into play, had it been seen it was a clear penalty and red card for violent conduct. He'll be lucky to get away with that imo.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
@Bra and @Bozza, thanks for that I wasn't aware of the finer points. Sean Douche should be aware so that makes him more of a prat.

indeed the dive was an embarrassment but no more than that with no material effect on the game. Dyche knows that and is clearly trying to deflect away from the defender elbow which should bring a ban.
as i get older i really start to dislike this type of crap. i wish managers would just be honest.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm surprised Dyche doesn't get stuck in this position

IMG_0159 (1).jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If MOTD had kicked up half the fuss about Tarkowski's elbow as they did about Hemed's 'stamp' he would be out fro three matches. For some reason they went easy on Burnley and instead concentrated on Jose's ridiculous but harmless drive. Tossers!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If MOTD had kicked up half the fuss about Tarkowski's elbow as they did about Hemed's 'stamp' he would be out fro three matches. For some reason they went easy on Burnley and instead concentrated on Jose's ridiculous but harmless drive. Tossers!

"Incredible" Burnley are the current flavour of the month with the media. It wouldn't fit the narrative.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't think either will be looked at. The elbow wasnt to the head so would have only got a yellow.

Izquierdo was just doing an impression of the 3rd best player in the world and didn't con the ref.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Does he get credit for not whinging about the non-offside goal, which MOTD also didn't mention? (Incidentally, our fourth "offside" disallowed in the last six matches, two absolutely wrong and two (yesterday included) marginal).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Managers say what they have to in order to be seen to be on the side of their players. Hang players out to dry and you'll soon lose the dressing room.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I guess he also feels that 'cheating' is not important, ie Pope's ludicrous delays taking goal kicks or free kicks. So why he having a go at Izquierdo I don't know?

Exactly the same as Ryan did at Wembley. The Spurs fans were booing every kick he took because of it. We cannot point the finger at other teams.

Does he get credit for not whinging about the non-offside goal, which MOTD also didn't mention? (Incidentally, our fourth "offside" disallowed in the last six matches, two absolutely wrong and two (yesterday included) marginal).

It was in the north goal, and most definitely offside. The linesman was in a perfect position and had no hesitation in waving his flag.

I like S D, and if we were in the market for a manager, would be one of my choices.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
It was in the north goal, and most definitely offside. The linesman was in a perfect position and had no hesitation in waving his flag.

I like S D, and if we were in the market for a manager, would be one of my choices.

The camera was also in a pretty good position, and it showed that when the ball was passed to Arfield the Brighton man's hand was definitely nearer the goalline than Arfield's hand, but Arfield's body may (depending on exactly when the frame is stopped) have been a couple of inches nearer the goalline than the Brighton man's body. Basically, they were level in terms of normal eyesight. IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The camera was also in a pretty good position, and it showed that when the ball was passed to Arfield the Brighton man's hand was definitely nearer the goalline than Arfield's hand, but Arfield's body may (depending on exactly when the frame is stopped) have been a couple of inches nearer the goalline than the Brighton man's body. Basically, they were level in terms of normal eyesight. IMO.

The cameras are near the halfway line, with a pitchside one in the corner.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Hand closer?

69daeb8224.jpeg

Maybe. Except, you cannot legally touch the ball with your hand, as such it is not considered when judging offside. Arfield's leg is clearly closer to the goal that Dunk's body.
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside
Offside position
It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:

any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:

second-last opponent or
last two opponents

But that is only part of the story, of course. That shot was saved and the ball fell to Wood, who when the shot was taken was stood here:

69daa86cd1.jpeg

In an offside position and gains an advantage.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The 6 yard line painted on the pitch is a very helpful guide, though. You watch when the ball is first played to Arfield - if he's offside, it's very marginal.

I sit in line with the 18 yard line, so have a very helpful guide. See Acker79's post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here