Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sean Dyche pre-Albion press conference

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Interestingly the day after Bill Kenwright passed Jenny his wife was on TS early morning and she said what a lot of people don’t know is Bill had a lot to do with where Brighton are today. She didn’t elaborate anymore than that.
PBOBE's programme notes from the Fulham game end with this:

"Bill was a great friend to us, both the club as a whole, and to Tony, our directors and to me, not least whenever he hosted us so warmly at Goodison Park or visited the Amex. Bill was a great admirer of all that we have achieved here at Brighton..."

He seemed a decent guy, and this underlines it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
His team beat us once... not sure how anyone can make an opinion based on that. We should have scored a hatful ourselves that night too to be honest. Potter had a decent record against Burnley playing a style also vulnerable against his type of team.
Just had a look at the 1-5. We had a higher xg that day. Crazzzzzy.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
"They know and I know, and it doesn't get talked about, but they've made a lot of mistakes along the way. It's taken them a long time to get to where they've got to."

This is a bit of an odd take, IMO. I don't think we've made A LOT of mistakes along the way. Out of context, it seems a bit of a sour grapes comment to me.
The fact we've avoided relegation in all that time, for a club with our resources, suggests we've gotten more of the big decisions right, than wrong.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
His team beat us once... not sure how anyone can make an opinion based on that. We should have scored a hatful ourselves that night too to be honest. Potter had a decent record against Burnley playing a style also vulnerable against his type of team.
Thats funny, I remember Dyche's Burnley absolutely pumping us 0-3 under Potter the season before last.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If we aren’t up for the physical challenge that Everton will represent, we’ll lose.
Not to say that they are a dirty team as they aren’t but they work very hard, they are very organised and they have a real threat now that DCL is fit and playing regularly. I’d take a point.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dyche is one of the good ones.

This is a tough game. Much tougher than last year with where we both are at.

Possibly may take the draw

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yeah, it felt like he had a bit of a gripe with how we are perceived.

You can watch that bit from 7;35 onwards.
I agree,... jealous.... cheesed off because Everton are not getting the praise that we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here