Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Sean Connery RIP

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
RIP to a good man and great actor.

But it’s not really positively shocking is it? The guy was 90. A good innings as they say.
It's a James Bond quote.

Highlander is my favourite film of his, playing an Egyptian called Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez, while using his own Scottish accent (opposite a Frenchman playing a Scot with an absolutely appalling Scottish accent).

A muddle, but he somehow made it work.

RIP

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
It's a James Bond quote.

Highlander is my favourite film of his, playing an Egyptian called Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez, while using his own Scottish accent (opposite a Frenchman playing a Scot with an absolutely appalling Scottish accent).

A muddle, but he somehow made it work.

RIP

Only surpassed by Lambert’s ‘Scotch’

Heather (post-coital in Lambert’s embrace): “You can do that to me forever if you like, My Lord.”
Connor: “Aye blossom, I will.”

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
[QUOTE/]vagabond;9572285]RIP to a good man and great actor.

But it’s not really positively shocking is it? The guy was 90. A good innings as they say.[/QUOTE]

As HWT possibly alludes to, the ‘good man’ thing is possibly somewhat overshadowed by some of his views on women, admittedly from back in the day.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I have a great story about him, but it’s probably not true, though! A mate of a mate was at the 19th hole after a game of golf, also there having dinner with a lady was the great Sean Connery. This guy and his mates had drunk a few and started shouting across at big Sean, things like: “who was the best person you ever shagged, Sean!” It went on a while and Sean simply ignored them, concentrating on his meal and lady. A while later, Sean gets up to leave, he walks past this group of guys (still ignoring their questions), and guides his date to the door. He then stops, turns around, walks back to the group, leans in to the loudest mouthed one and says in his magnificent Scottish accent: “Petula Clark, up the arse.”

Well back in the 1960's one would have been rude not to have done so? Bit of KY applied first of course...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"The best" is always subjective but he was definitely my favourite Bond and a massive part of my growing up. RIP Sir. Well played.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
RIP to my favourite James Bond. A true style leader

james-bond-connery-aston-martin-i87609.jpg

19530d62038eeb276070def745a2a58c.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
RIP Mr Bond.

I wonder how he died - laser beam up the jaffas?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A true professional Scotsman, right till the end.

Always maintained what a wonderful country Scotland was . . . even though he decided to spend the majority of his adult life in Los Angeles.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hopefully ITV4 might show a few Bond films in the coming weeks,,,,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here