Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
album-seal-iv.jpg

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Stephen Savage, Sussex county recorder for sea mammals, has been monitoring seals along the Sussex coast since 1991.

He said that he had been monitoring the movements of one tagged seal Twinkle which had been spotted between Cuckmere and the River Adur.

He added: “If people do see seals they should keep a safe distance from them.

“They are curious creatures and we have had reports from early morning swimmers who have had a seal brush up against them.

“But you shouldn’t approach them if they are injured or frightened, they could do as much damage as a bear to you.”

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Stephen Savage, Sussex county recorder for sea mammals, has been monitoring seals along the Sussex coast since 1991.

He said that he had been monitoring the movements of one tagged seal Twinkle which had been spotted between Cuckmere and the River Adur.

He added: “If people do see seals they should keep a safe distance from them.

“They are curious creatures and we have had reports from early morning swimmers who have had a seal brush up against them.

“But you shouldn’t approach them if they are injured or frightened, they could do as much damage as a bear to you.”

And never leave the house without a Hi-Viz jacket on, or a 'health and safety' fascist will berate you for having the temerity to think for yourself.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Me and some family saw a seal in the Ouse near Southease bridge last year while going out in my boat... Nice to see but hardly headline news as The Argus is reporting it, is it???

It was also spotted resting up on our club pontoon in Lewes a few days later.. Didn't even make the Lewes news :angry: lol

It was found dead a few weeks later apparently, but don't know if it was the same one, they all look the same to me!!!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Here's a pod of seals,don't think they are in the sea off Brighton though.
Navy-seal-workout-training.jpg

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Flippin' Eck - could be the story of the decade

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I always RUSH to threads like this to make some HILARIOUS joke, in this case perhaps something about Seal the musician, or a navy seal, yet within MINUTES I'm always too late. Bloody love NSC, I do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports