Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls World/Player Cancellation

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
No doubt the info I require is buried on here somewhere, so apologies, however can someone please tell me the official process for cancelling this service?

I've always been a staunch backer of all things Albion (even back to Millards old Seagull Line) but another frustrating lunchtime attempt to use this ridiculously poorly put together service has been the final straw for me.

This sort of stuff is a doddle these days, yet we endure an (unnecessarily) overlay wrapped player that is slow to perform, quick to hang, asks me to repeat the sign-in (over and over), has a non-functioning 'my account' button (which I assumed would lead me to a cancellation process) and don't get me started on the lack of response to emails. I know it's not just the Albion (my Millwall workmate endures exactly the same gash service provision) so not slating the club as such.

I go to most games anyway so I'm hardly going to miss much. Setting off for this evenings game at 4 (up the Albion) so thanks in advance for anyone who can provide a quick and concise answer.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
IE (at work this lunchtime). Firefox at home. Mixture of different experiences and gripes, compounded by the fact that I'm a SW engineer of some 23yrs standing mate, and I know that its pretty poor in this day and age.

I don't really use it these days, and it underperforms when I do.

This cancellation has been a while coming.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Before you chuck in your subscription can I ask you what browser you are using?

If you are using Internet Explorer, why not give Firefox a go. It sounds to me more of a PC browser issue than the site.

Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, customizable

I use Firefox and the performance is still dreadful when trying to listen to a commentary-always cutting out (when they remember to press 'Start' in the first place). It isn't a lot of money-the interviews and highlights for those of us not living in Sussex is worth the fee but they really do need to sort out match day commentaries so it resembles something bordering on professional.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Do you pay by DD? If so just cancel that. They'll take the hint eventually.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've not subscribed on principle.
I think its a fecking rip off to charge for somehting that is freely broadcast over the airwaves (of Sussex).
How do they get away with that?
Because you dumb feckers keep paying them to do it.

If everone cancelled their subscription PremiumTV would go out of business and then BBC could broadcast on the internet for free.

Simples.

Vote with your feet - PremiumTV OUT !!

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I think its a fecking rip off to charge for somehting that is freely broadcast over the airwaves (of Sussex).

If everone cancelled their subscription PremiumTV would go out of business and then BBC could broadcast on the internet for free.

Simples.

Can't argue with any of that. I subscribed yonks ago because it wasn't a great deal of money, and I thought I'd get something out of it (odd live commentary, archive stuff, etc). Guess over time (and being an Albion fan) I got used to the service frustrations, foibles and abject failings (i.e. especially live commentary issues), but this flippin player is simply a technical step backwards.

Just been a bit lazy about cancelling to be honest, then today when I made my mind up I found no clear guidance on the site as to how to do it (surprised - guess not).

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Do you pay by DD? If so just cancel that. They'll take the hint eventually.

I do pay by annual DD, and clearly that is an obvious way to cease the repeat payment. I just wanted to find out the official mechanism though (and give the company responsible some feedback in doing so).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On the Player site , click on "Terms & Conditions" at the bottom of the page. At the end of the first paragraph click on "here" and this will show how to cancel. Hope this helps.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City

Simples.

...and everybody overseas will be back to reading updates every 5 minutes on BBC Sports. It can be a little frustrating, but I don't think it's that bad.

...and you get nothing from the BBC for free. I'm sure it costs more in taxes to run the BBC than your subscription fee to Premium World.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
On the Player site , click on "Terms & Conditions" at the bottom of the page. At the end of the first paragraph click on "here" and this will show how to cancel. Hope this helps.

Aha. Thanks for that. All done now. Having found and read the cancellation info, it's clear the problem was down to the non-functioning 'my account' option (displayed on player front page) as it does nothing. Well, for me anyway, may have been an IE compatibility problem though I get no browser errors.

I used the 2nd option and emailed customerservices@performgroup.com. They've confirmed my account has now been set to expire once my current annual period is up. Will wait and see if that happens in 2010.

Thanks for your reply mate. :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Aha. Thanks for that. All done now. Having found and read the cancellation info, it's clear the problem was down to the non-functioning 'my account' option (displayed on player front page) as it does nothing. Well, for me anyway, may have been an IE compatibility problem though I get no browser errors.

I used the 2nd option and emailed customerservices@performgroup.com. They've confirmed my account has now been set to expire once my current annual period is up. Will wait and see if that happens in 2010.

Thanks for your reply mate. :thumbsup:

You're welcome , dont forget to cancel the DD with your bank :laugh:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I use Firefox and the performance is still dreadful when trying to listen to a commentary-always cutting out (when they remember to press 'Start' in the first place). It isn't a lot of money-the interviews and highlights for those of us not living in Sussex is worth the fee but they really do need to sort out match day commentaries so it resembles something bordering on professional.

never had much problems with PLAYER but when it was world I had all sorts of problems I use Firefox and it is really OK and is the only thing that keeps me in touch with the Albion other than forums of coarse
and as Bwian says it costs £1 a week and it comes to your home......... cheap enough

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its a god send for us exiles, and its worked really well for me recently. I'm not being arguementative, just giving my experience of it.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Simples.

This 'dumb fucker' couldn't give a flying f*** about the availability in Sussex because I live in Hampshire.

I pay less than £1 a week for the player and IMO it is superb value for money. Game highlights in a stream that has never cut out for me, audio commentary that has never been a major problem and all in all, it is pretty well put together.

I've got a 7 year old PC and run the player through Firefox and, hand on heart, I can say I have never had a major issue with the player. Occasionally the player loads slowly or the log-in process can be a bit slow but it's nothing insurmountable.

I genuinely can't understand why people think it's shit, unless it's a cover-up for people who haven't got a decent internet connection.

Premium TV IN!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here