Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagulls world commentary - firefox

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I'm trying to get the commentary ready to play when the connection goes live, on my father's notebook, which has firefox. It doesn't seem to come on - I know it's too early for it to be playing now, but i've tried it in the past and never get it going - it brings up an embedded mediaplayer, which just stops - anyone use firefox successfully to listen?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm trying to get the commentary ready to play when the connection goes live, on my father's notebook, which has firefox. It doesn't seem to come on - I know it's too early for it to be playing now, but i've tried it in the past and never get it going - it brings up an embedded mediaplayer, which just stops - anyone use firefox successfully to listen?

yep and then mine brings up a login box and as long as thats right off you go but if you have a notebook who knows?

Test it on an early kick-off already in progress.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Here's what I have to do in Firefox:

Click on "World" tab on seagulls.co.uk

Click on "Listen Live: Click Here"

Click on "Click here to view all available commentaries."

Select our game

It pops up in a new tab.

Hope it works.

:albion2: OH GARY HAAAAAAAAART!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
If you're using a mchine that hasn't been used before for viewing SW, you will also need to make sure the DRM certificates are on the machine. The best way to do that is to log-in, and try and view some highlights. If the code isn't there, it will prompt you to download it.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
If you're using a mchine that hasn't been used before for viewing SW, you will also need to make sure the DRM certificates are on the machine. The best way to do that is to log-in, and try and view some highlights. If the code isn't there, it will prompt you to download it.

vide3os don't work, and don't get prompted to do anything. Might this be because it has linux rather than windows?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
SW will only work with Internet Explorer.

You have to download the IE plug-in for Firefox or use IE

I tried with the IE plug in as well but it wouldn't work on my pc , although other NSCers are successful , so it might also need a tweak on settings somewhere else to get it working. I have now gone back to using IE as my preferred browser instead of Firefox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here