Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls website today - Gus tribute to us

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
That's made me feel a lot better about the lack of signings so far. Just what was needed Gus.

:clap::clap:

D

Deleted member 22389

With the all the crap going on over a certain player, I have completely forgotten about the amount of season tickets we have sold and the other great players we have signed so far.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
That's made me feel a lot better about the lack of signings so far. Just what was needed Gus.

Other than Arsenal, Chelsea and Blackburn and one or 2 others, little actual signing has occured as yet.

Always the same for us impatient fans.

By mid August, and then 1st Sept, TB/Gus should have sorted it all out with quality. But it is frustrating being in the dark.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The future is certainly looking bright. We just need to get the final three pieces of the jig-saw in place now - a left back, attacking midfielder and, most importantly, a striker... and soon.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Be patient Zebedee, it will happen. Trust Gus!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I RUDDY love our Gus.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Am I being cynical when I suggest the club has put the words into Gus' mouth for that piece, in order to try and sell the last few ST's?!

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Am I being cynical when I suggest the club has put the words into Gus' mouth for that piece, in order to try and sell the last few ST's?!

Yeah because after they've only managed to shift >20,000 so far they really need help with those last 40...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Anyone else now feel warm and fuzzy?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Where will we finish? "Ask me at the end of August," says Gus.

Translated: "Depends who we sign" = "How much money TB gives me".

/cynical

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It's not an uncommon thing to do - to credit someone with some soundbites, but in the great scheme of things, in this instance - does it matter?

It's words and sentiment Gus is happy to be associated with.

True. Just remembering how many people on here were convinced he was going to have jumped ship to any old club that would have him by now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Agreed. I know this is commonplace stuff, but I just find it all a bit cringey.

Did...

a) Gus get hold of the Albion media bods and say "Look, the number of season tickets sold is amazing. We clearly have the best fans in the country - I need to get the message out to thank everyone. Oh, whilst I'm at it, do you want me to mention how people can get hold of the last few tickets left?"

or

b) Did the Albion media bods make up this story as part of the current near-constant push to shift the last season tickets?

Does anyone really believe Albion fans are the best in the country? I don't and I bet Gus doesn't either.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Did...

a) Gus get hold of the Albion media bods and say "Look, the number of season tickets sold is amazing. We clearly have the best fans in the country - I need to get the message out to thank everyone. Oh, whilst I'm at it, do you want me to mention how people can get hold of the last few tickets left?"

or

b) Did the Albion media bods make up this story as part of the current near-constant push to shift the last season tickets?

Does anyone really believe Albion fans are the best in the country? I don't and I bet Gus doesn't either.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere

Did...

or

Totally agree. Plus, only a novice would think we only had 7,000 fans at Withdean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here