Seagulls Ska in Planning Magazine

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oct 13, 2003
The back of beyond
Seagulls Ska has made the back page of Planning Magazine - The Journal of the Royal Town Planning Institute.

"Brighton fans resort to single release

Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club supporters have released a pop song in a bid to secure a new stadium. They have hit the top 20 with their fund-raising single Tom Hark (We Want Falmer).

Seagulls Ska released the record one month before a public inquiry reconvenes into proposals for as new stadium next to the University of Sussex. The single is a rewrite of the Piranhas' football anthem, with substitute lyrics supporting the club's four-year campaign for planning permission."

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Where the hell can you buy this mag?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I like the phrase next to Sussex University because it gives the impression we are building next to existing structures whereas Falmer implies we are building it in a quaint olde english village and ruining an AONB.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Theatre of Trees said:
I like the phrase next to Sussex University because it gives the impression we are building next to existing structures whereas Falmer implies we are building it in a quaint olde english village and ruining an AONB.
You are right there, that is the only issue I have with the club and that is calling it Falmer, It should have been University or Moulscoombe, never mind to late now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports