Seagulls Player on iphone

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I know this has been done to death but I have noticed that Perform Group have now launched some apps for a few clubs to allow iPhone users to log on using their phone.

So far its only teams like Sunderland, Stoke, Bolton, Birmingham, Wigan and Wolves that have the app online but cant be long before we get ours.

Oh and they are charging £2.99 just to download the app as well as the subscription to player, not sure if your existing player account will work either but would be suprised if it didnt

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I emailed seagulls world end of last season and to sum up the email in one word it said 'no-chance'. So don't hold your breath, being the ever optomist though if it means punters paying some cash...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In keeping up with technological trends, I would describe the Perform Group as 'slow.'

It took them ages to respond to the fact that there was an increase in number of Mac users. It's taking them ages to respond to the rise of iPhone users.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I emailed seagulls world end of last season and to sum up the email in one word it said 'no-chance'. So don't hold your breath, being the ever optomist though if it means punters paying some cash...

the fact they have 8 clubs already done means there is a good chance it will happen sooner rather than later. I would imagine its little more than changing an address in the program from www,scfc,co.uk to www,seagulls,co.uk, change the file name from stoke.exe to brighton.exe and job done

I suspect the 8 clubs are the trial and once they sort out any bugs then it will be a mass roll out to all clubs

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
the fact they have 8 clubs already done means there is a good chance it will happen sooner rather than later. I would imagine its little more than changing an address in the program from www,scfc,co.uk to www,seagulls,co.uk, change the file name from stoke.exe to brighton.exe and job done

I suspect the 8 clubs are the trial and once they sort out any bugs then it will be a mass roll out to all clubs

Its more about flash player I believe, apple have a long going dispute with them over something (security I think) so I believe this stops app builders from incorporating most things that rely on flashplayer.

The e-mail I got back from the seagulls world operator stated they would not be able to do anything until this was resolved and their is no sign of any talk yet alone resolution.

It works on other phones I believe and I have reserected an old plam top to enable me to listen to away games, just need to find the headphones....

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

*Ahem*
Iphone app - North Stand Chat

Q: Is there any plans in the future to release a seagulls Iphone app were we would be able to listen to the games live and get all the news

A (from Insider): Yes there are plans. Release date TBC.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
*Ahem*
Iphone app - North Stand Chat

Q: Is there any plans in the future to release a seagulls Iphone app were we would be able to listen to the games live and get all the news

A (from Insider): Yes there are plans. Release date TBC.

I asked the same question about 2 months ago and they told me no, so things have obviously moved on since then.
Chuffed if it does come off. When i brought my iphone i just assumed you get it. Twas well pissed when i found i couldn't :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports