Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player match highlights video 'quality' – how bad is it for you?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The match highlights footage always looks blurred, blocky and unacceptably bad. Every time. Although interviews and other video features, while hardly pin-sharp, are usually perfectly okay. So it can't be down to my PC.

Anyone else experiencing this? Can anything be done? Or is this something else to lay at the door of Premium TV?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Below VHS quality.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Unacceptably Crap....particularly when i try and watch it from my iPad via AppleTV.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Very poor. So is the match DVD footage.

They seem to have bought cameras that can't cope with people running around a lot.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The default option is set as low , click on high to improve the picture quality a little bit.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the video quality is very good and to be honest its been pretty good since I have had "player" but even better now I am on cable
its the commentary thats bad either they forget to turn it on or its interrupted by random pieces of music and most of the commentary is shite anyway seems most of the bad stuff starts with Radio Sussex.
why OH why can't the Albion do their own commentary???????

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Better than almost every set of highlights I've watched on other clubs' sites, to be fair.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
the video quality is very good and to be honest its been pretty good since I have had "player" but even better now I am on cable
its the commentary thats bad either they forget to turn it on or its interrupted by random pieces of music and most of the commentary is shite anyway seems most of the bad stuff starts with Radio Sussex.
why OH why can't the Albion do their own commentary???????

They do on home games - Tim Humphries and Bob Booker - truly awful!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They do on home games - Tim Humphries and Bob Booker - truly awful!

at least the commentate with a little passion
Cantor and and his co-commentator are purely soporific that is when they can manage to switch the commentary on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here