Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Party to fight by-election in Lewes District

Press Release:-

The Seagulls Party will contest their first election on 17th August in the Ouse Valley and Ringmer ward of Lewes District Council.

Ed Bassford has been chosen as the party’s candidate in the by-election that has come about following the death of John Fletcher, who was a respected Independent member of Lewes District Council. Ed, who has lived in the ward since 1975, is one of the founder members of The Seagulls Party, which was launched in June 2006.

His campaign will focus on the need to change the way Lewes District Council works and to involve the public better in its decision making processes.

As Ed Bassford says, “Local people are fed up with hearing of decisions being made behind closed doors. The council has committed money to challenging the government’s Falmer Stadium decision, when it is clear that most people in the district want to see the football club settled in its new home as soon as possible. But it is not just the stadium issue that is making people disillusioned with their councillors. It’s time for a change”.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What is Ed's policy on the continued bombing of civilian targets in the lebanon by Isreali jets supplied by the US and secondly, if elected,will Ed please make them change the decor in the Ram Inn at Firle as it looks very depressing in there at the moment, and also will they add Steak and Kidney pudding to the menu.

Thankyou

A interested non voter

Ed Bassford

Jul 22, 2006
Dies Irae said:
What is Ed's policy on the continued bombing of civilian targets in the lebanon by Isreali jets supplied by the US and secondly, if elected,will Ed please make them change the decor in the Ram Inn at Firle as it looks very depressing in there at the moment, and also will they add Steak and Kidney pudding to the menu.

Thankyou

A interested non voter
A diplomatic solution needs to be found as soon as possible.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
If you've got the imprint in your signature, Ed, will the price of NSC server space be put down as an election expense? I'm not joking -- The Lib Dems are devious bastards, as we know.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ed Bassford said:
A diplomatic solution needs to be found as soon as possible.

A diplomatic solution to the bombing, or to the steak and kidney pie thing?

Dandyman

In London village.
Ed would make an excellent Councillor, if elected.

May I suggest that the Party makes sure it has a clear attitude on the Phoenix development, the incinerator and flood defences which are all planning issues of concern to LDC residents.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dandyman said:
Ed would make an excellent Councillor, if elected.

May I suggest that the Party makes sure it has a clear attitude on the Phoenix development, the incinerator and flood defences which are all planning issues of concern to LDC residents.

.... as is the steak and kidney pie issue.

Fair Policies for a Fair nation

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dandyman

In London village.
London Calling said:
Has Ed considered the diversity issues around a Steak and Kidney pie?

Good point, also is the pie actually situated in an AONB ?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
afters said:
i'm happy to sponsor ed's pre-election haircut and beard-trim. in fact i'm going to start saving now.:wave:
:eek: :eek:
Is the Seagulls Party having a Mandelson-style makeover already?

VOTE BASSFORD!!! Good luck Ed!! This should be GREAT.

Dandyman said:
Good point, also is the pie actually situated in an AONB ?

That will require an EIA. Environmental Impact Assessment

Dandyman

In London village.
The Large One said:
I'm more concerned about the exclusion policies of everything other than Steak and Kidney pies.

True, surely in this day and age there should be an inclusive policy recognising the contribution made to British cusine by cream cheese bagels, samosas, and antipasti.

Dandyman

In London village.
London Calling said:
That will require an EIA. Environmental Impact Assessment

and quite possibly a major inquiry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here