Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls better off than Bulls

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Because you brought it to attention. I pulled a gun off a 16 year old gang member on Sunday who said he needed it at the Walgreens because a rival gang from 20 blocks south of the Loop (downtown area of Chicago) was in the area due to a protest march because a young gang member had been shot by a patrol officer 16 times as the gang member on PCP would not stop running down the middle of the street with a knife on which the blade was not extended one year ago. After trying to suppress the video, saying there are extenuating circumstances and finally cooperating with a judge by releasing the video of an outright murder by an officer over reacting, the Chicago police are showing the way to avoid much of the violence that has plagued major US cities after controversial police shootings. I believe you will see the same modus operandi in other US cities when another poor judgement by a police officer leads to a justifiable reaction by minorities in the city.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the 16 year old yelled to his buddy that "James Bond" was arresting him. It gave me a slight giggle at the time which I was barely able to suppress.

2 shots to take him down and 14 while he lay on the ground. I can't imagine what the officer was thinking.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How did the additional security measures pan out on Saturday at the Amex? Saw this yesterday from New York Red Bulls- we have a long way to go before we reach this level of paranoia!
4f74eac4054c6610b4f81d98f57148c3.jpg

At the West Stand reception entrance they had a male and a female security operative with those sensor wand things which they scan your body with. There was a queue of men waiting for the male operative to pat us down and scan us, the female told us she was only allowed to search and scan women. Naturally she was stood there doing pretty much nothing.

theboybilly

At the West Stand reception entrance they had a male and a female security operative with those sensor wand things which they scan your body with. There was a queue of men waiting for the male operative to pat us down and scan us, the female told us she was only allowed to search and scan women. Naturally she was stood there doing pretty much nothing.

A minibus load of jihadis being dropped off in Villlage Way aren't going to be too phased by 'sensor wands'. We should just get on with life and not let the evil headbangers win

Dec 15, 2014
Here
My superior, Gary McCarthy, Chicago Police Superintendent, was told to resign this morning which he did. I feel McCarthy is one of the best police commanders I have worked with. He personified what it means to be a police commander. I have no regrets for having served under Commanded McCarthy. I will make no comments about the mayor of Chicago who asked him to resign. During the investigation of the McDonald "killing" this mayor was reelected. I think that speaks for itself.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The female steward in the northstand patted me down and then patted my other half :shrug:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Yes of course it would. Mind you, if they'd had equal opportunities back then when they made it, they'd probably have included a right to bear handbags too!

Yes but it would require the shooting and killing of at least 20 bears to make each handbag

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
To be fair I think US police recruitment cannot begin to rival that in the UK. Do they actually have to pass a selection process in America? Most of the officers over the pond seem a bit.....thick.

I think a part of the problem faced is that every time they go to deal with an incident, they fear that the perpetrator may be armed and may shoot at the Police officer(s) in order to escape (especially if they are on 2 strikes and the offence they are committing, however trivial, is their 3rd and they face the rest of their life in jail if caught in one of the states that has this policy)

This paranoia adds to their reaction to shoot first if in doubt or feeling under threat rather than adopt a more measured approach - I'd imagine its worse if in a hostile area with a perceived threat from onlookers as well as the perpetrator(s)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here