Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Bar, Phnom Penh Cambodia

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I do hope that the cows mentioned were either dead or fake. If they were alive there are some seriously sick people on this forum.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There was a Pompey bar in Samui, all the Thai staff had to wear Pompey shirts, very odd.

I presume they never got paid?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit the Military base if you like guns. I hired an AK-47, M16, Hand gun, a few grenades and a hand held rocket launcher. Killing fields is a must and so is S-21 the prison where they interrogated the Cambodians and those that survived were transported to the killing fields and finished off.[/QUOTE

How do you hire hand grenades? Do you take them back piece by piece? :cool:

Yes I noticed that when I re-read my post but couldn't be bothered to edited it as I knew people would realize the error :)

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
I went to the firing range but declined the chickens and cows in favour of inanimate targets. It is a great city but can be very sad too. I was there 15 years ago so much has probably changed.
Great value for money and surprisingly good french restaurants. Enjoy.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Its amazing how in such a short space of time you can ask a question about a bar and it turns into a blowing up stuff go compare advice service thread

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You know how in zombie apocalypse fillms/books/comics etc. there is always a human being that's a bigger threat to your safety than flesh hungry reanimated corpses?

Footsoldier.

It'd be him.

1361832076914.jpg.CROP.multipart2-medium.jpg

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Boo sad I missed that! Although I didn't care much for Phnom Penh so just wanted to visit the Killing Fields and S21 and get the hell out of there.

Also, one of the guys I was travelling around with for a bit went to the shooting range and spent an absolute fortune there firing rocket launchers, hand grenades and an AK47 - something like $500! They threw in the chickens for free but wanted an extra $400 for a cow. Crazy place.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Boo sad I missed that! Although I didn't care much for Phnom Penh so just wanted to visit the Killing Fields and S21 and get the hell out of there.

Also, one of the guys I was travelling around with for a bit went to the shooting range and spent an absolute fortune there firing rocket launchers, hand grenades and an AK47 - something like $500! They threw in the chickens for free but wanted an extra $400 for a cow. Crazy place.

When I was there in 2002 then the prices were extremely cheap and not many people attended so prices stayed cheap, $150 for an rocket launcher with cow. When I was in Thailand and went to the full moon party ( 2002 for Xmas and New year ) on Khoa Phan Nan and stayed at Tommys Resort I was paying £1 a night then, went back last year and they have totally rebuilt the place and now it's £30 a night (didn't have to pay as know the owners Joy and Noi).

I'm just glad I backpacked years ago when everything was very cheap and not so commercialized like it is now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here