Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sea Swim

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Went in yesterday.Lovely and there was also a very friendly seal in the water nearby who came to the edge of the shingle and was fed mackerel by some of the guys fishing down here.
Sorry no pics.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Had my first sea swim of the year at Seaford yesterday. Refreshing! Had the kayaks out too, great to see the kittiwakes from the sea where no-one else can get to.

This site confirms that the sea is colder than normal (for the time of year) around us. 14.3C, but that is almost a degree warmer than when I checked it Saturday so it is warming up fast. Historically, 17 August is the warmest day for sea temperature.

http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Brighton_1/seatemp

PG

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Went for a paddle and taught the dog (puppy) to swim at low tide Ferring beach yesterday morning. Bit of a nervous start but he appears to be a natural.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You Sussex swimmers have my total respect. I wouldn't go in there without a wetsuit! (Although I used to swim off Brighton Beach near the fishmarket many years ago)

In Malta:
Current conditions - partly cloudy

Temperature: 27°C

UV index: 9.0

Chance of rain: 0.0 mm

Sea: 25°C

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Went twice over the weekend.. Hastings and Shoreham. Bracing getting in, to say the least, but after a minute or so really invigorating. Felt quite smug afterwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here