Scunthorpe: Wrexham 4 Falmer report

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Re: Re: Scunthorpe: Wrexham 4 Falmer report

The Laughing Bluebird said:
Sorry to bust in on the latest episode of the Brighton/Wrexham love-in,

Quite alright, the fact you apologised when bursting into any thread is an improvment..

Nic, I just emailed you asking how it went! Silly me. Fantastic report mate, hope it didn't get to cold.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I'll mention this over the PA. Just a thought ...maybe someone good at this sort of thing should design a joint Albion/Wrexham half and half scarf, one side of each half with the club's colours, name and crest, then 'AGAINST ASSET STRIPPERS" all the way along the other side. These could then be sold to raise money for our respective campaigns. Is that a good idea?

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
Disappointed to be out of the Fa Cup but we've now got an LDV semi-final away to Hereford United to look forward to.

Just getting to the Northern Final would be a nice bonus never mind going down to Cardiff to the Milennium Stadium :)

If we did get there imagine the scenes, marvellous!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
attila said:
I'll mention this over the PA. Just a thought ...maybe someone good at this sort of thing should design a joint Albion/Wrexham half and half scarf, one side of each half with the club's colours, name and crest, then 'AGAINST ASSET STRIPPERS" all the way along the other side. These could then be sold to raise money for our respective campaigns. Is that a good idea?

That's a fantastic idea john. Sadly, I wouldn't know where to start!

Nice picture of you on the front page of todays Argus I might add.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
attila said:

Great idea ... especially welcome on nights like last night!!!!

Maybe a simpler design (and cheaper to produce) would be to have our colours and badge and the slogan AGAINST ASSET STRIPPERS on one side and Wrexham colours and badge and the same slogan on the other side???????

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
Attila it's a great idea the scarf AGAINST ASSET STRIPPERS.

I think that'll send out a good message to the FA, The Football League (or f*** All league as someone has christened them!) that genuine football fans of all clubs are starting to get very cheesed off about the lack of action of the football authorities against these people.

I am determined more than ever to support my own club as much as possible now but also to try and help make sure no one like Alex Hamilton ever gets hold of a football club anywhere ever again.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
StephenWrexhamFc said:
I am determined more than ever to support my own club as much as possible now but also to try and help make sure no one like Alex Hamilton ever gets hold of a football club anywhere ever again.

If only everyone had the same outlook. Sadly, alot of fans have a look after number one mentality.

Besides the point. Back to the scarf thing. It'd be alot easier for us to work out who (Bton/Wxm) should produce the scarf. Say if you did them, you could send them down to us, vice versa. Rather both produce our own seperate batches. Or am I stating the obvious. :)

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
That is quite amazing by the wrexham fans. Just about to sign onto red-passion to leave a message saying thankyou- only wish i had cash and culd afford to go to a wrexham game at some stage. are people still planning on going to the wrexham-donny game? ???

Wrexham fans =

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :bowdown: :bowdown: :cheers:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just seen report on Sky Sports News. didn't actually mention it, but the report ended with pictures of a few Wrexham fans on the pitch with the Wrexham 4 Falmer banner
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Unfortuntely I cant post the design at the moment but they are half red and half blue with "Wrexham & Brighton" on one side and "Fans United" on t'other!

Going to cost about £6

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Re: Scunthorpe: Wrexham 4 Falmer report

Sorry to bust in on the latest episode of the Brighton/Wrexham love-in

You REALLY don't like the fact that Wrecsam and The Albion have forged a friendship do you? 2 clubs having difficulties helping each other achieve their goals is a problem for you?

StephenWrexhamFc

May 24, 2004
Gwersyllt near Wrexham
Gresford Dragon has been on about doing scarves for a while.

He's the lad who has done a lot of fundraising ideas for WST such as the balloons and the car stickers.

The lads on the pitch with the banner were some of the WST heroes!

wrexhamgnasher

Oct 12, 2004
Oswestry
StephenWrexhamFc said:
Gresford Dragon has been on about doing scarves for a while.

He's the lad who has done a lot of fundraising ideas for WST such as the balloons and the car stickers.

The lads on the pitch with the banner were some of the WST heroes!

Agree the balloon race was a big success. Sadly my banner did not make it down to Scunny but will be on show at the MK game next weekend.

I'm glad we've finally had the chance to pay you back after all your hard fans united day work.

Good news about us being out of the cup.....we can come and see your game! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
wrexhamgnasher said:
Agree the balloon race was a big success. Sadly my banner did not make it down to Scunny but will be on show at the MK game next weekend.

I'm glad we've finally had the chance to pay you back after all your hard fans united day work.

Good news about us being out of the cup.....we can come and see your game! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hmm ... gonna be the lottery of the draw who we will get ... think I'd settle for Man Ure, Liverpool, Sunderland or Newcastle away!

But we'll probably get Exeter City away!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Did Sky mention it at the beginning? I was very late home from work last night, after going for beers with workmates and trying to work out a route back to Victoria Station from the new office we are moving into.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Re: Scunthorpe: Wrexham 4 Falmer report

Bwian said:
You REALLY don't like the fact that Wrecsam and The Albion have forged a friendship do you? 2 clubs having difficulties helping each other achieve their goals is a problem for you?

It's not a problem for me at all. I couldn't give a rats arse to be honest. It just amuses me that some of you think that this thing makes a real difference to the situations at either club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Scunthorpe: Wrexham 4 Falmer report

It's not a problem for me at all. I couldn't give a rats arse to be honest. It just amuses me that some of you think that this thing makes a real difference to the situations at either club.

I'm pleased that Albion fans didn't have the same dismissive attitude when some kid from Plymouth first came up with the idea of a Fans United day, during our darkest hours.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town

Of course it makes a difference. Our club would have folded were it not for the kind help of other real football fans.

And we aren't going to let Wrecsam fold either

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Maybe you'll find out the value of Fans United when Sam fucks off and leaves you in the shit. Although you'll probably decline offers of help because you won't be able to see how it will help.

Until our Fans United day the rest of the UK was totally unaware of our situation-thinking we were hooligans for a pitch invasion was all people remembered. Then the REAL football fans in the country saw what was happening and showed their support (that 5-0 nil win on Fans United Day made the difference in goals scored and helped keep us in the league).

Now, Wrecsam are in need of help to make their situation known to other fans which was partially achieved a couple of weeks ago. Now it is up to all REAL football supporters to help Wrecsam get their 10 points back and more importantly-keep their ground.

Still, you think it's all a waste of time so we won't count on your help! No wonder your club's fans are so popular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here