Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scum ticket for sale

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
You might want to hang fire on your 'disgraceful' comments sir.

I didn't see whatever you took part in last week but I would have got involved in a similar way to Lord Bracknell if I had.

This is a very tricky situation to deal with - over the last few weeks I've had a number of notifications of people being contacted with messages like "I've been offered £160 for my pair of Palace tickets, do you want to beat it", and the sellers had no intention of making an honourable charity donation. Because of this I am very wary of those who may claim to be making a donation because it can be difficult to prove that the donation took place and that we haven't just condoned an Albion fan being fleeced.

I guess what I'd suggest is that someone impartial receive the money, make the donation and forward face value to the seller although I concede this could be a bit of a faff for those involved.

How about I send you the £100 pounds then and you donate it to st barnabas-hospice? Will you be happy with that?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sort it out amongst yourselves please - we'll come up with some better defined rules to deal with these situations in the future.

Palace 'n' proud

Jun 29, 2011
1. (noun) tout, ticket tout
someone who buys tickets to an event in order to resell them at a profit

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If this really weas about charity the funds could be paid into a recognise charity account such as a Just Giving account. Other than in those circumstances or where the money is paid directly to the charity by the person buying the ticket, I am afraid I would be highly suspicious.

And whoeve accused Bozza/Mods of behaving disgracefully needs a bloody reality check and should apologise immediately for such crassness.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
PM sent. Bloody sad it's got like this. Trying to do something nice for worthy courses and we get shot down in blames for being touts. f***ing disgrace.

To be fair Big Belly, don't think anyone called you a tout.

I was a bit of a tout when I sold mine, asking for a programme on top :ban:

At the end of the day, nice one you two for the hospice :clap:

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Bigbelly I was touched by your evident love and loss of your mum, Ive just followed your link and made a donation, so fair play to you mate..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1. (noun) tout, ticket tout
someone who buys tickets to an event in order to resell them at a profit

The ticket isn't being sold at a profit you plum , any excess above face value is donated to charity therefore there isn't a profit.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Bigbelly I was touched by your evident love and loss of your mum, Ive just followed your link and made a donation, so fair play to you mate..

Thank you very much. You never know when it could happen to us so all the support these hospice get the better. Anyone wondering what I'm doing with this spare scum ticket? Well my younger brother hasn't been to selhurst before so giving it to him for free. He couldn't get time off and the ticket and tain fares were to dear so I said, the ticket is free and he's now on the train for his first away derby, enjoy it bro.

Thanks oxymoron. You've done a good deed.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Seller happy - got back what he paid for ticket
Buyer happy - got ticket
Both happy - knowing a donation has been made to a worthwhile charity

What's the issue ?

In future this is clearly the way forward for selling tickets on here whatever the donation is, just think NSC could be responsible for raising thousands each season for some very worthwhile charities !

This could be huge if managed in the right way !

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
I fully support the stance of Lord B, Bozza, TRHK & others on this. It's just too difficult to monitor everything.

As for Bigbelly saying,
Bloody sad it's got like this
he's right... it IS sad that BHA fans can't be trusted to deal properly with other BHA fans (not suggesting that for one minute in this case, BTW), so there HAS to be a consistent rule.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here