Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scum Hybrids

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Anyone else noticed that chavs and sk8ers seem to have merged into one and the same for the new teen generation?

Weird as f*** as in my day it was townies and sk8ers whereas now you have spotty little rats in Nike but carrying a skateboard. What strange times we live in.

Jimmy Grimble

:lolol: That is a tremendous shout.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Whatever happened to Mods, Rockers and Skinheads? Everyone knew where they stood then....:)

You forgot about Hippies
original

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Opened this thread thinking it was something to do with spotty 14 year olds who live in Sarf London

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
In a society where we are disgusted by racism and homophobia I am intrigued to know why it is acceptable to rip the shit and stereotype the working classes?*

*Genuine question by the way.

Sk8er

Anyone else noticed that chavs and sk8ers seem to have merged into one and the same for the new teen generation?

Weird as f*** as in my day it was townies and sk8ers whereas now you have spotty little rats in Nike but carrying a skateboard. What strange times we live in.
Bit strong!
Who cares how you dress. I'm nearly 40 and still skate but not dressed as a chav but proudly in my Albion shirt in strange towns' skate parks

Oct 25, 2003
In a society where we are disgusted by racism and homophobia I am intrigued to know why it is acceptable to rip the shit and stereotype the working classes?*

it's not necessarily about "stereotyping the working classes" as the majority of working class people are fine and not chavvy at all

it's more that chavs tend to be complete pricks......not all working class people are chavs are they? or are they? I JUST DON'T KNOW ANYMORE

yep, i'm drinking

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Bit strong!
Who cares how you dress. I'm nearly 40 and still skate but not dressed as a chav but proudly in my Albion shirt in strange towns' skate parks

Mate I wasn't having a pop at people who enjoy skateboarding or wear skater style attire. If that's your bag then fair fucks to you. My mini-rant was, if anything directed at the vile little rodents that pollute central Brighton being generally anti-social. I was merely remarking it's a sign of the times how the culture of young petty criminals has evolved over time.

Sk8er

Mate I wasn't having a pop at people who enjoy skateboarding or wear skater style attire. If that's your bag then fair fucks to you. My mini-rant was, if anything directed at the vile little rodents that pollute central Brighton being generally anti-social. I was merely remarking it's a sign of the times how the culture of young petty criminals has evolved over time.
No worries. We used to love skating around the back of Churchill square when we were young, bet the adults didn't think much of us, but we were just having fun. It's easy for the youth to be missed judge. Although I've never been sure of the skinny jean look!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I haven't the faintest idea what is going on in this thread

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011

I come from an age where the working class were the salt of the earth, nowadays they are the scum of the earth.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here