Scratch Card Win

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I thought the sealife centre was dire, but I'm not too keen on the idea of a petting zoo type attraction anyway.

I took a school trip there and was very disappointed with it.

Dark, dingy and the tanks of many fish were tiny for their content. The octopus looked incredibly bored as did the poisonous dart frog. Not forgetting the sharks and turtles.

Not exactly living up to your name with this post!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I bought a scratchcard at the last game of last season against Birmingham I think. Hooray thinks me, I've won a free pie. Tried to use it at the first game of this season and it had "time expired" F*ck buying another one of those!

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I bought a few of those tickets in our first season at the Amex but I stopped because I was fed up of only ever winning a discount to the sea life centre, a place I don't want to go to.

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
You only get 50 per cent off now if you "win" a burger or pie. What a stitch up. Not technically an instant win is it. More an instant discount.

Yep, this caught me out on Sat. was always a free pie until this season.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I bought a few of those tickets in our first season at the Amex but I stopped because I was fed up of only ever winning a discount to the sea life centre, a place I don't want to go to.

Plus no one in the history of the Sea Life Centre has ever paid full price, surely. WH Smiths are giving out those vouchers all the time, there is normally a voucher in the Argus (at least there was last time I bought an Argus) and in loads of other papers. Bet they're on Groupon as well, basically the Sea Life Centre is the Crystal Palace of tourist attractions.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone up for a 'Panini' style swap - a superb, life-changing, party popping 'EVENTS' win for a small 'BHA Travel' one?

DSC_0100.jpg

:whistle:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I take it from the plethora of "EVENTS" wins, that nobody is going to buy mine of me then!!!! I notice it is only for social events, so I guess I am looking for a cost conscious bride.

As for Sealife vouchers, they are totally worthless, they are the DFS of entertainments, constantly available at reduced prices.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I reckon it would be much more fun to see them in the wild or in a proper conservation project as opposed to an expensive and substandard petting zoo. The same goes for Drusillas!

BUT Drusillas does have this fella...

1319751756drusillas-park-zoo-eastbourne-thomas-tank-engine.jpg

My 2 1/2 yr old was so upset the other day when Thomas had broke down and genuinly concerned for Thomas - 'Thomas poorly' 'Thomas need doctor' she said. What did I do that evening? Straight on youtube and searched 'Drusillas Thomas the Tank' - she then changed to 'Thomas better' and was relieved which was nice - thank god for modern technology :)

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
Well I didn't actually win anything just the encouragement of a discounted price at the said venues . The fact I had not been to the sea life centre I thought I would give it a go . Yes I agree it didn't feel the most enlightening experience (but the kids really seemed to enjoy it and saw stuff that they hadn't before ) I would also like to don breathing gear and go diving but wasn't possible on this occasion . Also they do a lot of conservation work on certain species especially the seahorse . Also I had a few hours enjoying an ale and a wander round the lanes .

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Past week have been with two Grandchildren age 4 and 2 to both SeaLife Centre and Drusillas. They absolutely loved it. It was lovely to see their pure innocent joy unlike my cynical view that the creatures would be better off in the wild.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports