Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scousers, probably the country's most annoying regional people?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Sorry, to clarify.... I've lived in L8 (toxteth) now for nearly 20 years and I HAVE FOUND the locals TO BE friendly, funny and helpful. This isn't my opinion, or a sweeping statement it is my experience of having lived in Liverpool for over half my life.

Feb 14, 2010
We shouldn't generalise but if we are going to then...Its a tough one this, they are in the top two but do they beat the Mancs into top spot? Whilst the scousers believe that nothing is ever their fault and they think the world owes them a living, they actually know that they really are just a small town up north. The Mancs tho' seem to think they are some cultural capital because of er The Manic Street pPreachers and Oasis - and yes its amusing but they actually believe it, so do the Mancs top the Scousers? I duno but either way they are both amusing to laugh at.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...-1m-plus-record-deal-gallery-100252-27814547/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-entertainment/xfactor/

...and never a chance to miss....

scouser%5B1%5D.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Scousers have a tendency to feel that the world is against them. Having worked there I found that far too many of them are workshy and expect somebody else to take care of them. They make a big deal of their heritage as they feel (quite rightly) that most people look down on them.

I've spent far more time there than you have and that's frankly Frank a load of old horse shit.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The Mancs tho' seem to think they are some cultural capital because of er The Manic Street pPreachers
Yeah bollox to the Halle Orchestra we're much more cultured. The trouble with the mancs is all their rhyming slang, did I heck as like, pearly kings, whitsun walks, knees up mother brown, alf garnett, Mrs Gaskell whose son kept goal for United, Ewan McColl and his dirty old town spent too long in canal street if you ask me or is he Elsie Tanner's latest fancy man, now that Shelagh Delaney can write a good play about a girl with a bun in the oven and this bloke does a runner back to Africa and they all go to church up there.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've spent far more time there than you have and that's frankly Frank a load of old horse shit.

Really ? Matter of opinion as I consider your opinion crap, I have worked there on and off for the last 20 years so bollocks to you. :bigwave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We shouldn't generalise but if we are going to then...Its a tough one this, they are in the top two but do they beat the Mancs into top spot? Whilst the scousers believe that nothing is ever their fault and they think the world owes them a living, they actually know that they really are just a small town up north. The Mancs tho' seem to think they are some cultural capital because of er The Manic Street pPreachers and Oasis - and yes its amusing but they actually believe it, so do the Mancs top the Scousers? I duno but either way they are both amusing to laugh at.

Manics ? You meant the Happy Mondays I think. Still, you mentioned Oasis, didn't they mimic The Beatles ? A fairly well known Liverpudlian beat combo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here