Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scottish Refs do strike

To be fair, Lennon was speaking (screaming) in the heat of the moment, and although he hasn't been full of remorse since then, he has suggested that he might have over-reacted. John Reid, however, is just a ****.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
OOh does that mean we'll get to listen to the results on a Saturday without all those Scottish results which are of zero interest to 99% of people in England?

Excellent. I swear evertime they start reading them out and have long maintained that they should limit them to Scottish TV and give us a break from Queen of The South or Forfar, I mean who really, in England , does give a shit? :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can't blame them.We all know what it's like for refs down here, bad enough. Then up there they get all that, PLUS the sectarian inference/veiled notion that basically every time one of the Old Firm has a decision go against them it's because the ref was 'one of the other lot'. Pathetic, people like Lennon and Reid are a disgrace.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
OOh does that mean we'll get to listen to the results on a Saturday without all those Scottish results which are of zero interest to 99% of people in England?

Excellent. I swear evertime they start reading them out and have long maintained that they should limit them to Scottish TV and give us a break from Queen of The South or Forfar, I mean who really, in England , does give a shit? :lolol:

Do just that mate, switch it off. Very important for us exiles though, try looking at the bigger picture, peoples coupons, football bets etc.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I think you'll find that if the same policy was adopted in England, specifically the Premier League, given Ferguson's, Wenger's and pretty much all of the Premier leagues managers rants at referees, then the same could happen down here, funny the rants are only when they lose. In Scotland the problem is the paranoia of one club, celtic. This seems to have increased in the last few years since the arrival of John Reid (ex-minister of her Majesty's Government). The bigger picture is that because he is not accepted by a large contingent of the celtic support he is constructing this action as a lawyer to gain favour with them. The main crux however for the ref's strike threat is that they are not prepared to tolerate life threatening telephone calls, scaffolding poles thrown through their front windows etc by celtic followers. THAT IS FACT. I hate referees decisions on most occasions and I'm sure most people think that their team are being picked on by their decisions. Boo, Whistle, Shout your disapproval at the ref but these actions are both morally and legally not acceptable to these men and their FAMILIES !

There is a movement within their club which seems to be gaining momentum "the green brigade" who insulted poppy day and are no doubt behind these actions. I put it to you Mr Reid, from the photo's of such protest you know from seat numbers STH's who these people are. You have the power to ban them and anything less would suggest that your position within Football In General should be reconsidered, especially in Scotland

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

ME! I'm in that 1% :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do just that mate, switch it off. Very important for us exiles though, try looking at the bigger picture, peoples coupons, football bets etc.

Ah so it's Glasgow Rangers FC?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford

The results programme in Scotland doesn't give English football scores below the 2nd tier. Why should English TV show the results of 3rd and 4th tier Scottish football? The only people who give a f*** about Annan v. East Stirling are the 200 who went to the match.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
What I don't get is that the refs have gone on strike across the whole of the SPL and Scottish league, yet the problem seems mainly caused by certain mouthy managers/club officials in the SPL, ie Celtic. Despite that when the strike does go ahead it's the big clubs' games that go ahead with foreign refs and the small clubs - who aren't the cause of the problem - that have their games postponed. The SFA are one of the few organisations that make the FA actually look competent.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I see the scab Polish refs who they'd got to fulfill the fixtures have pulled out now.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Am I the only one that thinks it's rather ironic football fans on here are supporting the strike yet there's often threads on here slating the ref. Even at our matches there's often "Ref you're a wanker" etc etc. Since when did refs becomes our buddies ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Am I the only one that thinks it's rather ironic football fans on here are supporting the strike yet there's often threads on here slating the ref. Even at our matches there's often "Ref you're a wanker" etc etc. Since when did refs becomes our buddies ?
I think you're being harsh. People are critical of refs, certainly. But away from heat of the moment, and people are fairly objective as far as I can see. The only time this season when the ref has been slaughtered was after that diabolical penalty decision for Boscombe.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Surely most of the games in Scotland are going to be postponed due to the snow anyway so they've probably not picked a good weekend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here