Scottish Giants crash out of Champions League.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They'll soon get over it when they head to [INSERT NODDY SCOTTISH VILLAGE] and give them a 7-0 thumping at the weekend.

Westport to Hove

Sep 29, 2013
I think "crashing out" is a bit harsh..... after all they did score a brilliant goal at the end to show those pesky Spaniards what might have been if they had enjoyed a bit more luck on the night.

OK so just surmising what the local press will probably make of it ???

Surely it's 'Celtic in 7 goal thriller'

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If Celtic or Rangers joined the Premier League they would do fine. They would get bigger gates than most clubs, benefit from extra TV money and suddenly be able to attract better players.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
A tad confused by all the Celtic bashing but each to their own I suppose! ???

All I can say from personal experience of following them last season for a few games in the champions league home and away and one game this season, the one thing I picked up on is that they are by far the best fans I have ever had the privilege of sharing a match day with. They are friendly, extremely vocal to the point that compared to us they are on a total different planet and everyone to a man was generous, accommodating and chatty......I've followed the albion for 20 plus years and felt more warmth from Celtic fans that I'd known a matter of hours.

They also have a great song repertoire and not some of the drone like crap we come out with like...."Allllllllllbion.....Alllllllbion"

For those that haven't experienced it, do yourself a big football favour and experience a champions league night at Celtic park next season, you wont forget it in a hurry. From the irish bars that are packed from lunchtime to the atmosphere inside, believe me when I say this, they are a special football club.

You can also get a pie and pint for £5 in the ground!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I don't really get the Celtic hatred. Sure they have a free ticket to the Champ League qualifiers each year until Rangers work their way back up there but why does everyone hate them?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I don't really get the Celtic hatred. Sure they have a free ticket to the Champ League qualifiers each year until Rangers work their way back up there but why does everyone hate them?

Maybe because of incidents like this:

"Celtic have banned 128 of their fans from all their home and away matches after a section of their support caused £10,000 of damage at Motherwell.

The Scottish Professional Football League could now take action against Celtic when its match delegate's report lands at Hampden and reveals the extent of the vandalism and pyrotechnic displays which marred their win at Motherwell.

An estimated £10,000 worth of damage was caused to seating in the middle lower area of the South Stand at Fir Park, just above where a Green Brigade banner was displayed."

And this :

"As said on Scottish TV last night, they get away with murder every weekend, praising terrorist groups and sectarian abuse towards opposition managers."

Sectarianism and religious bigotry are alive and well in Glasgow.

Does that help answer your question?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Maybe because of incidents like this:

"Celtic have banned 128 of their fans from all their home and away matches after a section of their support caused £10,000 of damage at Motherwell.

The Scottish Professional Football League could now take action against Celtic when its match delegate's report lands at Hampden and reveals the extent of the vandalism and pyrotechnic displays which marred their win at Motherwell.

An estimated £10,000 worth of damage was caused to seating in the middle lower area of the South Stand at Fir Park, just above where a Green Brigade banner was displayed."

And this :

"As said on Scottish TV last night, they get away with murder every weekend, praising terrorist groups and sectarian abuse towards opposition managers."

Sectarianism and religious bigotry are alive and well in Glasgow.

Does that help answer your question?

A little, thanks.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
the one thing I picked up on is that they are by far the best fans I have ever had the privilege of sharing a match day with. They are friendly,..........................

I take it you weren't wearing a poppy at the time?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting that Virgil Van Dijk was in the thick of that gubbing, although he's been having a good season apparently.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
They'll soon get over it when they head to [INSERT NODDY SCOTTISH VILLAGE] and give them a 7-0 thumping at the weekend.

Noddy was Scottish?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
For things like this 1.jpeg

CELTIC-vs-AC-MILAN-006.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports