Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scottish football clubs,you look out for.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Morton. Only because of a particularly long and successful stint as manager of them in LMA Manager a long time ago.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Dunfermline Athletic. Was a massive fan from the age of 11 to 14 and went to nearly all home and away games back in the late 80's

Keith1969

May 18, 2013
I have 3 LOL Nairn County as when I take the missus to see her Dolphins I get to their games,
My name sake Keith
and last of all Airdrie as I played at their ground as a kid in a footy tournament.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I can't seem to find any results for Third Lanark these days!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Cowdenbeath......the blue Brazil !
Same here; Mrs T's family are from Cowdenbeath and I've even been to a couple of matches there. It's been a while, but isn't/wasn't there a Speedway track around the outside of the pitch? And apparently the Speedway got a larger crowd than the football!

I've also attended a Hibs v Hearts derby match on New Year's Day; not recommended for someone from the south of England!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Berwick because they are the only English side in the league ;)

This for me too. St Mirren too as I have an old comrade who supports them.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
None! Scotish football is on the same level as Sunday League pub football.
Complete gash!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Aberdeen. Not sure why, but I took a liking to them when I was completing Panini sticker books in the mid 1980s.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Stranraer.....not very fashionable but my father 'guested' at centre half for them whilst stationed with the RAF there in the war. Normal home gate some 250 last weeks super point at Rangers in front of 45000+.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Inverness Caledonian Thistle & Hamilton Academicals; purely because of the names!

Also like to see the ex Highland League Clubs doing well (eg Ross County & Peterhead) because of the way the Scottish League, in the old days, kept excluding them.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Aberdeen. Not sure why, but I took a liking to them when I was completing Panini sticker books in the mid 1980s.

It was that adidas kit!

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
As a kid watching the classified results, I really liked the name "Meadowbank Thistle" for some reason and used to look out for their scores. They'd just about be my local team now (just up the road from Hibs, at the old athletics stadium that hosted the Commonwealth Games in '86), but they don't exist any more, having morphed into Livingston a couple of decades back. (Scottish football had the Franchise FC thing going long before MK Dons came along - see also the Clydebank/Airdrie Utd story here http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/30-Clubs/2781-entry-to-the-highest-bidder).

These days, I'm an honorary Dunfermline fan, thanks to one of my best mates up here, who in turn has become a long-distance Albion follower and has come to games at the likes of Carlisle and Sunderland over the years. Went to Hampden to see the Pars give Celtic a run for their money in the Scottish Cup final a few years back - they were one up at half time before Larsson and some distinctly dodgy reffing saw Celtic make it home 3-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here