Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott Parker

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
England international and almost player of the year not so long back . Would be a class above in our league

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
It seems pretty obvious Tottenham are trying to cut their wage bill in order to freshen their squad and AVB seems to be prioritising offloading players getting on in age. The problem with Parker is he is the wrong side of 30 now, missed quite a few games to injury last season, offers very little as an attacking outlet and is on high wages. He is unlikely to be first choice for Tottenham now with Paulinho, Sandro and Dembele to choose from and I think a few other Premier League clubs are not prepared to break their wage structure to bring in a player who probably only has a couple more years of top flight football in him. He could still a job at top flight level, but he would be a risk. Harry Redknapp is probably best equipped and most prepared to offer him regular football at the moment. He is exactly the type of player with character Redknapp seems to be trying to bring in to QPR to give them the best chance of going straight back up.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Parker is signing for Fulham on a 3 year contract.

Very good signing for them, provided they can keep him fit, which is why it's a bit surprising they've given him a 3 year deal at his age and with his injury record. Exactly the type of player Fulham need when they have a few talented but work-shy players in their team (Berbatov, Taarabt, Bent). I think signing Parker and Stekelenburg could see them get a top half finish come the end of the season.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
A 3 year contract! Fulham must be mad and Parker must be laughing to get that deal at 32.

I make Fulham his fifth London club after Charlton, West Ham, Chelsea and Spurs. Has anyone played for more London clubs?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ridiculous that Fulham did that. I agree with the two chaps earlier, he's massively overrated.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think that he will do well for Fulham as he is the type of player that every team needs to boss their midfield and make his presence known. A good signing by Martin Jol but I am rather surprised that it is a 3 year contract as I would have though 2 year max.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Parker is signing for Fulham on a 3 year contract.

Very good signing for them, provided they can keep him fit, which is why it's a bit surprising they've given him a 3 year deal at his age and with his injury record. Exactly the type of player Fulham need when they have a few talented but work-shy players in their team (Berbatov, Taarabt, Bent). I think signing Parker and Stekelenburg could see them get a top half finish come the end of the season.

Parker is exactly the sort of player that Fulham need and can afford. OK they won't frighten the top 6 in the Prem but they are doing some good transfer business. I am also pleased he hasn't gone to QPR so we don't come up against him in the Championship.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
3 years could have alot to do with wages ? Looking at last season QPR were often reported as for paying-out 'silly wages' maybe Fulham are paying less but and in theory a longer term,however as no one is privvy to the deal fitness to play maybe involved ?A good example would be Owen signing for Stoke City the national media had it as 'a pay as you play deal' yet local press/radio he was on a basic 25K a week,so make your own mind-up. :wave:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Enjoying players Redknapp thinks are in the bag going elsewhere

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Parker is a terrible player at that level. He's so, so limited on the ball it's untrue. He's just a five-yards sideways man. He doesn't even stand out as an exceptional tackler or leader to make up for the fact he doesn't actually have the ability to do anything remotely useful with a ball at his feet. I can't believe a player like that has played so often for England, or for a club like Spurs, or that he still gets a three-year deal in the EPL at this stage of his career. He's one of those utterly mediocre players nobody would have even noticed if he wasn't English.

Your knowledge of football really knows no bounds does it

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't worry. Redknapp will still be down to the "bare bones" by the end of October (or whenever they next lose two in a row).

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Parker is a terrible player at that level. He's so, so limited on the ball it's untrue. He's just a five-yards sideways man. He doesn't even stand out as an exceptional tackler or leader to make up for the fact he doesn't actually have the ability to do anything remotely useful with a ball at his feet. I can't believe a player like that has played so often for England, or for a club like Spurs, or that he still gets a three-year deal in the EPL at this stage of his career. He's one of those utterly mediocre players nobody would have even noticed if he wasn't English.

He's one of those players who is there to let his team-mates play and do all the ugly stuff of making last ditch tackles, blocks and interceptions in front of the back 4. You are right to a degree that he has his limitations, but he's a good fit for Fulham because they have got a few luxury players in their team such as Berbatov, Ruiz, Taarabt and Bent who like to get forward and play the exhibition stuff, but are less prepared to get back and graft. Having someone like Parker gives them more freedom to do that, just as the Madrid team in the early 00s had Makelele doing all the ugly stuff in order to enable the Galacticos of Zidane, Ronaldo, Raul, Figo etc to play the exhibition pieces.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fulham on paper look a decent outfit but so many ifs and buts about form, fitness and temperament. Now looking much less likely a destination for Gus, who seems destined for the Toon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here