Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scott Parker sacked

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Of course ridiculously harsh given the circumstances. But worth remembering that the owners need to have someone to blame that isn’t them. They need fans constantly looking at other people and not the owners. No shame losing to who they have, at the stage they are, but having a record-equalling loss is ‘so embarrassing’ that perhaps they felt forced.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I suppose if you look at the Liverpool game the defence went to the ball instead of holding formation it was a bit of a shit shown tbh.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth deserve Dyche to bore the arses of them with his particular style, he'd also give them a glimmer of hope about staying up. Nasty little tinpot club imo maybe in retrospect Dyche is too good for them

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Imagine Parker’s interview on Saturday was his way of getting out without having to quit.

Obviously been told there is no money to spend, which with the squad they have is absolute suicide.

I think Parker is a decent enough manager tbh and certainly deserves a bit more respect from the owners after getting them back up to at least back him in the transfer market. Probably felt after his interview they couldn’t work with him anymore which I get.

I’m sure Parker will be back in work before too long

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The statement from Bournemouth basically says it’s to do with financial sustainability and their views no longer aligning. They gambled big in January to get promoted so I guess aren’t happy that Parker wants them to spend further which presumably wasn’t in the plan

Parker must have been incredibly frustrated all summer. They basically did the same thing last summer bringing in a handful of journeymen on free transfers.

And if by 'financially sustainable' means not spending a penny of the £100m they get for being in the PL - well it is financially sustainable for someone The Russian oligarch might be padding his bank account as insurance.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is obvious that this sacking is nothing to do with results, so I reckon Parker is well out of there. However, I do quite like Sean Dyche so I hope he doesn't end up at that noddy little shoebox.

Perhaps Villa can now sack Gerrard and get Parker in. He'd be an upgrade and would be an appointment more accurately reflecting their position in football's food chain these days.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They'll be nicely primed for the "new manager bounce" in 11 days time.

Not a massive fan of Scott Parker but it is a silly decision.

Yep, my initial reaction was "two weeks too early". It would have been nice if we'd seen him off. He's a pretty limited coach but, as others have said, the issue there is an appalling squad. They might now get a couple of "new manager" results before sinking to the bottom by the time the World Cup starts. However, just like Norwich last season there isn't a coach alive who'll keep them up without some more investment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe more what was said post match. He did call out the owners a bit...as did Klopp which didn't help.

He also said, when asked after the Liverpool game if he was frightened before the Liverpool game, that 'we' are frightened before every game. Soon as I heard that I thought 'you're sacked, mate'.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Personally I'm glad he's gone and so are many of us. From before the season started he's been dripping on to the press about lack of signings, he's been slating the players and refusing to take any of the blame for the manner of the last three defeats instead deflecting everything onto the board.

He was heavily backed in the January transfer market and now claims that was for promotion only and those players were short term (despite being given long term contracts).

His football is absolutely dire and everything Fulham fans warned us about came to fruition. Sure he got us promoted and for that we're thankful but we can't help think he helped manufacture his departure by gobbing off to the press every week.

The owner said this "However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately "

...pretty telling really from what we've seen and heard.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not a massive fan of Scott Parker but it is a silly decision.

Parker is a Potter ‘wannabe’. Ignoring the highly productive strategy of ‘punt it up to Mitro’ when he was in charge of Fulham in the Premier League was unforgivable. Yes, he want a forward who could play more than just the big lump up front and Potter got away with not using a similar tactic with Murray but that is because he is three to four levels up on Parker.

Bournemouth want to be like Burnley were for years and years under Dyche. Surviving and sometimes thriving in the Premier League by spending almost zilch and using a small incredibly well drilled squad to play percentage and anti-football relying on strong finishing and ‘block’ defending.

Even if Bournemouth manage to get Dyche they are still going down, down, down!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it really impossible? "The Solihull-born 47-year-old grew up supporting Villa and has revealed most of his friends also support the Midlands giants."

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bloody hell.

How will the players react? They could totally implode with no leadership after that defeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is it really impossible? "The Solihull-born 47-year-old grew up supporting Villa and has revealed most of his friends also support the Midlands giants."

I think he has said he was a floater between Midland clubs and not an ardent fan of any of them, it's just Villa fans who have decided he supports them?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Personally I'm glad he's gone and so are many of us. From before the season started he's been dripping on to the press about lack of signings, he's been slating the players and refusing to take any of the blame for the manner of the last three defeats instead deflecting everything onto the board.

He was heavily backed in the January transfer market and now claims that was for promotion only and those players were short term (despite being given long term contracts).

His football is absolutely dire and everything Fulham fans warned us about came to fruition. Sure he got us promoted and for that we're thankful but we can't help think he helped manufacture his departure by gobbing off to the press every week.

The owner said this "However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately "

...pretty telling really from what we've seen and heard.

Your owners want nothing more than dividends on their investments. Just like the Glazers and the former owners of Burnley.

Be very careful who you side with, very careful indeed.

You still have a Championship squad unlike Fulham and especially Forest who have a clear transfer strategy.

Unless you get Dyche, you are looking at 20th place for most of the season. The responsibility for this will sit squarely with your owners who have a profound love and need for money alongside an ignorant knowledge of the football world. Blame them, not Scotty Parker whom only a couple of Months ago, gave you your second EPL promotion. Get in your lane!

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think he has said he was a floater between Midland clubs and not an ardent fan of any of them, it's just Villa fans who have decided he supports them?
Oh ok. Although, can English people as interested in football as GP really not support anyone? Seems a bit odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here