Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott Hogan

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Agree with that.

But Bruno with all his experience, shouldn't have pushed so far forward from the first minute, exposing out of sorts Duffy. It was painful to watch from the ESU, being exactly in line with our defence for the first half. Wreckless pushing forward by Bruno at every period of Albion possession when the game was 0-0 when Hogan was such a threat, was naive by Bruno.

It bit of a calculated risk. MacLeod (playmaker) was good for Brentford with the through long ball from the right side of their defence. Their recruitment might have something going for them.

I wish we had a genuine speed merchant with a clinical finish with both feet.

Brentford are a bit like Southampton. Sell lots of players and have youngsters coming through.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly, about what I was saying. Scored two left footers again today. Looks a genuine talent and better than Andre Gray when he started for Brentford. Player to watch.

Already he caused more trouble at the Amex than any other player in the League bar none. If it wasn't for good defending he could have scored four.

Is he not left footed?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Will be this years one year wonder like Kodjia.

I notice 95% odd of Villa fans in their forum named him mom in the week so maybe that's a bit hasty?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How many goals has he scored so far?

Not sure - think he got 1 or 2 for Brizzzle - why is that, is that all a player is judged on? :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why did we bring Murray on loan for?

To score goals, use his experience, hold the ball up, win flick ons, defend corners, be another option off the bench, provide depth up tops... I've not even seen Kodja play this season, was just saying it's a bit early to call a player a one season wonder who clearly played well the other night for the Villa...? You remind me of a football manager viewer of football :lol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is he not left footed?

Scott Hogan
I think (my view from East Lower) that he was a natural right footer as twice he tried to cut inside to hit the ball with the right foot giving our defence a extra second to make a block.

My view:

I thought Oliver Burke and Scott Hogan looked better prospects than the likes of Andre Gray and Kodjia. Ademola, not quite sure?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think (my view from East Lower) that he was a natural right footer as twice he tried to cut inside to hit the ball with the right foot giving our defence a extra second to make a block.

If so he's got 2 seriously good feet! I thought both his finishes v us were brilliant and assume he was left footed. Makes such a difference if a player can use both feet. Norwood seems a bit like that to me.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
To score goals, use his experience, hold the ball up, win flick ons, defend corners, be another option off the bench, provide depth up tops... I've not even seen Kodja play this season, was just saying it's a bit early to call a player a one season wonder who clearly played well the other night for the Villa...? You remind me of a football manager viewer of football :lol:

And what has he achieved so far considering the outlay the club have made?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And what has he achieved so far considering the outlay the club have made?

Who? Murray's played well which is most important thing - scored a few key goals which is second most important thing and done well...

I'm failing to see your point you seem to be looking for an argument that isn't there. I just said I noticed from a link someone put on here that Kodja was clear MOM for Villa midweek - it's not all about goals simple as that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Hogan remains injury free and from now on only scores an average amount goals, say 1 in 3.
Anyone thinking he'll be sold for only £5m, in January, clearly knows nothing about football.

rinswun

Sep 28, 2010
in today's market won't go for less than £10mil. Now scored 12 in 15 Championship appearances, 11 starts. Anyone thinking he goes for less has had the transfer market pass them by.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Brentford will sell Hogan in January for about £5m as immediate money means more to them than possible success.

If Hogan remains injury free and from now on only scores an average amount goals, say 1 in 3.
Anyone thinking he'll be sold for only £5m, in January, clearly knows nothing about football.

in today's market won't go for less than £10mil. Now scored 12 in 15 Championship appearances, 11 starts. Anyone thinking he goes for less has had the transfer market pass them by.

attachment.php

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scott-hogan/profil/spieler/138783

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    34.5 KB · Views: 591

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here