Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scotland vs England

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Imagine Potter in charge of this team.

NO! My loyalties are with the Albion over England but we would be genuine challengers with GP at the helm for England, guaranteed

Has to be said, full credit to Scotland, the better team on the night.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Did we only use two subs. There so many substandard performances it could have been any of the outfield players who were pulled

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
I'm waiting for the dodgy claims company to advertise a claim for compensation for those lost 2 hours and the torture of having to listen to ITV commentary

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pickford MOTM for me.

I genuinely cannot think of an outfield player who was a 7 or more out of ten.

Sterling - selfish dribbles facing a mass defence, he seemed allergic to an early pass.
Foden - looked a boy out of his depth, more interested in whining to the ref early doors, then he became a non entity.
Kane - wooden, a poor man’s Benteke.
Rice and Phillips - exposed as having no mid to long range passing ability.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I genuinely cannot think of an outfield player who was a 7 or more out of ten.

Sterling - selfish dribbles facing a mass defence, he seemed allergic to an early pass.
Foden - looked a boy out of his depth, more interested in whining to the ref early doors, then he became a non entity.
Kane - wooden, a poor man’s Benteke.
Rice and Phillips - exposed as having no mid to long range passing ability.

All correct.

Credit to Steve Clarke completely outcoached Southgate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Shít game and a turgid performance at the hands of a determined Scotland team who came to do a job on us and duly did it. Credit to them - I thought they were excellent under the circumstances.

That said, is it the worst result in the world? We’ve now more or less qualified and have a slightly lower chance of finishing in that dreaded top position. I wouldn’t take too much from this result in terms of our ability to beat a top side - tonight was a totally different game and whether we failed the test or not I don’t think it’s massively relevant.

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I think our chances of reaching the latter stages just improves tonight.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I can forgive Southgate the first half because Scotland were excellent in the midfield.
We needed creativity in the midfield to counter and bring the quality of foden into the game and get some chances for Kane.
He takes off foden,and puts grealish out wide on the left?!!.
Scotland continue to dominate the midfield.
We then take off Kane and replace him with rashford who should have been brought on but he should have been wide with Jane still on the pitch.
We should have finished the game with grealish in the middle and rashford,Kane and foden all on the pitch.
Terrible desicions.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
When Grealish was ready to come on, I though “good, he should be able to make something happen, even if just set piece free kicks”

Surely for Sterling, but no, for Foden - the only player on the pitch that looks like he might create something, has energy, pace etc.

Anyway Kane off, so Calvert-Lewin surely as need presence in box, but no, brings on Rashford (in itself should be on the pitch for Sterling at that point).

None of this surprises any of us, does it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here