[Football] Scotland vs England

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
sean.jpg

FREEDOM? I just want the Scots to bloody hell win!

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I said it a bit earlier but their current song of choice is getting a bit tedious…

I can booooggg zzzzzzzz

SAC

May 21, 2014
What's with the Scotch and jumping in fountains, don't they have baths up there? Wee Jimmy was pretty quick to condemn Rangers fans after celebrating their title win but seems very quiet about the 20,000 Scotch fans coming to London.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've noticed, as has [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], an excessive amount of negativity about England in international football. I've also noticed that these very same people are willfully contrarian on every single bloody issue.

There are English people on here saying they'll be supporting Scotland, to spite England fans who may be Brexiteers. This is phenomenally dense logic and would be astounding - if true.

Which of course, it isn't. You'll be watching the game and supporting England privately. Cynically, and expecting us to be gash, same as everyone else. Then you'll start believing we have a chance - in your mind - when we cruise past Scotland and qualify.

But, when we lose in the Semis or whatever, you've gotta be that guy, think of all the hipster points to be won by being "controversial" online. You never cared really, and you actually wanted Iceland to win.

No. No you didn't.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57516928

Thousands of Scotland fans have gathered in pouring rain in central London ahead of the team's Euro 2020 clash with England.

Many fans have travelled despite warnings they should not go to London unless they have a match ticket, or a safe place to watch it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I've noticed, as has [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], an excessive amount of negativity about England in international football. I've also noticed that these very same people are willfully contrarian on every single bloody issue.

There are English people on here saying they'll be supporting Scotland, to spite England fans who may be Brexiteers. This is phenomenally dense logic and would be astounding - if true.

Which of course, it isn't. You'll be watching the game and supporting England privately. Cynically, and expecting us to be gash, same as everyone else. Then you'll start believing we have a chance - in your mind - when we cruise past Scotland and qualify.

But, when we lose in the Semis or whatever, you've gotta be that guy, think of all the hipster points to be won by being "controversial" online. You never cared really, and you actually wanted Iceland to win.

No. No you didn't.

In summary, "Some people are *****".

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This is the big one! Will happily go out in the second round if we can embarrass the Scots tonight! Would love to see Marshall falling over caught up in the net again after a Kane chip, or Foden putting Cooper on his backside Colin Hendry style as he smashes it in!

Come on England!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

No. No you didn't.

This match has been fantastically overhyped, but I won't want the Scots to win. As for cynically "expecting England to be Gash "... I've got about 50 odd years of supporting England and sadly, they usually ARE gash when the chips are down !

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Bless em their big day and they are already playing up the the big city. Over excited, but a tad embarrassing that they act like a puppy on acid and obviously have a very large chip on their shoulders.

As if it wouldn't be the same up in Glasgow if the fixture was there with some England fans...

D

Deleted member 2719

I wonder how many injuries we will pick up tonight, dirty northern b***ards.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
White not even on the bench. That's disappointing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Our national anthem is a dirge. I could live with that, but the lyrics I just can't. So it's the mute button for me as usual for that one.

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade,
May by thy mighty aid,
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush,
God save the King.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Or saka or walker. Odd with two goalkeepers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walker I get, after the shit show of a performance he put in the other night.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Can never escape the need to root for the underdog so Scotland win please, failing that a draw would do. England will go through either way, so no skin off our noses. Why support Man U (England) when you can support BHA (Scotland)?

Because I'm English so will support the nationality of my birth

(stands up, to puts hand to heart, tries to remember where I left my wallet)

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Or saka or walker. Odd with two goalkeepers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently thems the rules. You have to name two keepers on the bench. I think it’s harsh every team has to drop 3 out of 26 every game. Especially if you’ve got two injured players, since you’re then effectively dropping one man in the whole squad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lord, grant that Marshal Wade,
May by thy mighty aid,
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush,
God save the King.

No problem - most of our team don't even know the first verse, let alone the subsequent (and no longer normally used) verses. Either that or they just can't sing ...............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports