Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scotland vs Czech Republic, Poland vs Slovakia, Sweden vs Spain

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I hope Scotland get absolutely thrashed, can't stand all the hype on the telly etc. about them, to me they are just another foreign team that stand in England's way to the next round of the competition. The Scots in general always hate England and want us to lose and my feelings for them are the same.

it's too hot! i can't be arsed to hate them

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm looking forward to the game. It's hard not to smile at how excited they all are at being in a tournament for the first time this millennium.

It'll be interesting to see whether they maintain their traditional twentieth century tournament form by finding new and inventive ways of getting knocked out in the qualifying rounds or is this really a new era and they go and do a Wales and storm their way deep into the competition.

I must say though, I'm really struggling with the accents of the presenters and pundits? Are they ramping up their accents or is it just because I've been away from the uk for so long?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looking forward to a Scottish defeat, a Spanish win and Moder playing in the middle one. Fingers crossed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope Scotland get absolutely thrashed, can't stand all the hype on the telly etc. about them, to me they are just another foreign team that stand in England's way to the next round of the competition. The Scots in general always hate England and want us to lose and my feelings for them are the same.

Would you take a draw?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brave officials going for shocking pink.

My vote for worst kit so far goes to half QPR/Reading Czech Republic kit

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
At least there’ll not be any problems with sun shadows on this one, unlike the England game yesterday. It is Scotland after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Come on Czech, smash the sweaties.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The odds for this game are the perfect example of a bookies edge should you ever need to explain it. Czech Republic 2/1 Draw 2/1 Scotland 15/8

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
At least there’ll not be any problems with sun shadows on this one, unlike the England game yesterday. It is Scotland after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see some sun burn through the factor 50 on a few players though. its not dark yet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is the Scottish goalkeeper David Marshall one of many keepers who played an absolute motm blinder against us at the Amex?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What's your view on Alexander Isak Swanny?

He wasn't on my radar before the Euros, but a couple of write-ups (Guardian I think & The Athletic) made him sound like just what we need. Accustomed to blue & white stripes too.

I will add that the write-ups also made it sound like he's probably both too expensive AND would want a higher profile move than to #teamslikeBrighton, but what's your view nonetheless?

Great player and developing quickly. When he came through as a 16 year old in Allsvenskan it was very easy to tell that he was the biggest Swedish talent since Zlatan. Was a bit worried when he moved to Dortmund and didnt get to play but he has kept his feet on the ground and worked hard and is now getting rewarded for it, doing very well in Real Sociedad. Would be a decent signing for pretty much any team but unfortunately I cant see him moving to Brighton as it would be expensive and a step down/sidewards for him.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lyndon Dykes would be a great asset. A real handful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here