Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Scotland / Northern Ireland Tunnel

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Problem as I see it, is that the English taxpayer would essentially need to fund a tunnel between two areas who will probably no longer be part of Britain by the time it was finished. Not sure what's in it for us exactly?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Problem as I see it, is that the English taxpayer would essentially need to fund a tunnel between two areas who will probably no longer be part of Britain by the time it was finished. Not sure what's in it for us exactly?

Well you could be a bit more positive for a start. It's almost like you are trying to make the whole idea look really stupid ???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can't see this being built as the West Stand slide takes priority - BTW what is happening to it ? Is it being built by the same people as Palace's Main Stand ?

I think it will be after the monorail from the seafront to the Amex is built

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
So once several hundred billion has been spent on a tunnel (and you aren’t using our national animal to pull the bloody train - there all in hiding waiting to slay your lions), you then have to upgrade the A75 which goes through my backyard and is effectively got less than 5miles of dual carriageway on a 100mile road (I expect the residents of Springhom and Crocketford will be happy at getting their bypasses after years of trying) Or you’ll need to rebuild the Stranraer to Dumfries railway line or is everything going up to Glasgow first.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We built to the channel tunnel to access an open market of 500m people

Lets build another one to access a restricted market of 5m people that is already investing heavily in our direct trade routes to Europe

You couldn't make it up...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Boris couldn't get a bridge built across the Thames, I don't think we need waste any time on his Irish tunnel scheme

Exactly.

I know someone who was involved in consultation meetings with him on that project.

Her claim was that he loved to have meetings. Then have Press Conferences to spout off about the meetings and after that she said it must have left him exhausted because he did eff all after the Press Conferences.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can see now that it is obviously a ridiculous idea on so many levels.

Maybe we should have a vote on it :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here