Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Schumacher comeback off

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great shame. I was quite looking forward to seeing him give the current young guns a good pasting. I guess it'll be Gene or Badoer bumbling around instead now.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Ferrari have asked Badoer to drive - he hasn't been in a f1 race since 1999.

Strange, I would have gone with Gene, who filled in at williams as recently as 2006.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great shame. I was quite looking forward to seeing him give the current young guns a good pasting. I guess it'll be Gene or Badoer bumbling around instead now.

Seeing as he struggled to give Alonso a good pasting last time around I was expecting him to be shown up as too old and getting well beaten by all the young guns. Well that was what I was hoping for anyway, we'll never know now, shame.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Has he really got a neck injury or has he realised that he is well off the pace and doesnt want to be remembered for his poor comeback?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Has he really got a neck injury or has he realised that he is well off the pace and doesnt want to be remembered for his poor comeback?

neck injury was mentioned along with the comeback, apparently got it in a motor bike accident earlier in the year.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
neck injury was mentioned along with the comeback, apparently got it in a motor bike accident earlier in the year.

They must have known that he wouldnt start off where he left the sport and having the crash a few months ago fits in quite nicley!!

The Schumacher of old wouldnt let a little injury stop him and it must have been well enough to test for 2 weeks!!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

I doubt that, seeing as how in the last couple of weeks he's been karting with and beating a lot of the current F1 guys. The forces F1 cars exert on the neck are incredible, you can't possibly race if you've got an injury there as he has.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
thats a shame, whether or not as Ali says its TRUE I would'nt know, personally if I won everything like he did then made a comeback like this and SUCKED then everyone would remember me for the comeback and not 7-time world champion!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I was completely suprised by his decision to come back, maybe its all been a red (Ferrari) herring, the injury was known about well before the Schumaker coming back news...

Would have been good to see how he still stacked up against Hamilton et al now though....

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
thats a shame, whether or not as Ali says its TRUE I would'nt know, personally if I won everything like he did then made a comeback like this and SUCKED then everyone would remember me for the comeback and not 7-time world champion!

I don't think they would, to take an example from a different sport Michael Jordan came back a few years ago with the Washington Wizards who he part-owned. He was good, not great but people remember him for the six championships and five MVP awards, not the two seasons of (relative) mediocrity.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Well that's the most PREDICTABLE news ever, it was all a PR stunt in the first place that he may come back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here