Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Schipol airport

Seasider

Jul 9, 2003
Maidenhead
Flying back from holland tomorrow night and want to catch as much of the game as possible anyone know if there is a bar/screen in schipol airport that would have the match on??

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the Leopard sounds like alot more fun than taxi-ing round Schipol. which is huge, i recall taking 20 minutes or so to taxi out to the runway.

my only experience of Schipol has been hungover and i dont recall any TV screens. not much help for you either.

can we go back to the tanks?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I use Schipol a lot and sadly I don't recall anywhere that might show the match - where there are screens they are invarriably tuned to CNN or the BBC News Channel.

If you have the time there is a great sports bar in Leidesplein but that is thirty minutes or so away in town

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
the Leopard sounds like alot more fun than taxi-ing round Schipol. which is huge, i recall taking 20 minutes or so to taxi out to the runway.

my only experience of Schipol has been hungover and i dont recall any TV screens. not much help for you either.

We flew to Amsterdam for a half-term break a few years ago and it took ages to get from the runway to the terminal, longest I have ever been in a plane from landing to disembarking.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Driving a 55 ton tank around a test track, yeah, it was terrific. All around the circuit you could see trees with chunks taken out of them where tanks had "got it wrong".

eggshell blonde

Oct 21, 2007
Portslade
Watched England Brazil in the world cup when arriving for a stag weekend a few years back. Brilliant watching in the airport bar with Brazil / Holland supporters. Perfect start to a good weekend I remember.:drink:

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I will be there on Wednesday night...Wonder if I can find out the Hull score on arrival

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm pretty certain there is a sports bar in Schipol.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
just skyped my son in law who almost lives at schipol :lol:

he says there is indeed a sports cafe near Lounge 1 and there is also a Murphy's Irish pub which I had forgotten about by gate D10

Hope you get sorted

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
Whenever I have been in Murphy's it has been showing Sky News only. I have only ever been near the Sports Bar when it has been closed.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Cool ! images[1].jpg
As I'm not a pilot, yeah. Although driving Leopard II tanks was probably better - and I wasn't even in the army.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Whenever I have been in Murphy's it has been showing Sky News only. I have only ever been near the Sports Bar when it has been closed.

TBF I had never even noticed the place but apparently it closes 9pm (8pm UK time) so shouldn't be a problem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here