Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Scary' Leeds are going to wave to the crowd

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Showing my age here, but I was at Stamford Bridge in the early seventies when that classic Revie Leeds side took on an equally classic Chelsea side. Some seriously scarey monsters in both teams. Leeds that season did the waving thing, and also wore little detachable tassley things on their socks and went over and presented them to fans in the crowd. Then Leeds & Chelsea proceeded to kick seven shades of 5hit out of each other on the pitch. Which as how it should be. Or at least in the seventies. Never stopped the ball-players, made them far livelier if anything! :lol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Think i read a few years ago that the top ref at the time(sorry, cant remember who but it was in the nineties) had re-refereed, the 1970 cup final replay between dirtyLeeds and Chelsea,from the tv coverage, and reckoned he would have sent five off, and booked every other player, except Sprake. If you have never seen that game, it is a lesson in gratuitous violence and thuggery. A marvellous game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This captures how hard Billy Bremner really was.

bremner.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
His fight with Keegan at Wembley in the Charity Shield was comedy gold, and when they both took theor shirts off i tjought i would never stop laughing

And also Norman Hunter fighting like a girl against Frannie Lee! :lolol:

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Showing my age here, but I was at Stamford Bridge in the early seventies when that classic Revie Leeds side took on an equally classic Chelsea side. Some seriously scarey monsters in both teams. Leeds that season did the waving thing, and also wore little detachable tassley things on their socks and went over and presented them to fans in the crowd. Then Leeds & Chelsea proceeded to kick seven shades of 5hit out of each other on the pitch. Which as how it should be. Or at least in the seventies. Never stopped the ball-players, made them far livelier if anything! :lol:

Also went to Stamford Bridge to watch Chelsea v Leeds (1974 ish) ... as a neutral ... stood in the Shed ... all hell broke loose when it transpired that Leeds had infiltrated the Shed ... fists,boots and coppers helmets flying everywhere ...I got home that night (aged 13) to a baked bean tea and my mum asking me was it an interesting game ... happy days ....

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
so, let me get this right

leeds + away team line up in tunnel
leeds + away team walk out together
leeds + away team line up for the b0llcks pre match hand shake
(whats wrong with just running-out booting the kickabouts ball is the air/crowd, do the hand shakes after)
leeds then walk inline to centre circle waving
away team line do a huddle

game will KO at 3.15 !!!

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Also went to Stamford Bridge to watch Chelsea v Leeds (1974 ish) ... as a neutral ... stood in the Shed ... all hell broke loose when it transpired that Leeds had infiltrated the Shed ... fists,boots and coppers helmets flying everywhere ...I got home that night (aged 13) to a baked bean tea and my mum asking me was it an interesting game ... happy days ....

Ah those were the days,real atmosphere back then, it's so sanitised now its more akin to watching cricket. Its for the better I suppose but I did used to prefer it back then. I think its down to the all seater stadiums, at least its safer for all concerned I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here