Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scariest moment at GIGS

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Psycho-billies

What a bunch of arses they were.

Sham69 at the Top Rank...loads of WHU skins there....

The rumour at the time was that SHAM69 stood for Super Hammers Are Magic...but I think that was all crap. Hersham Boys was a good song thought!

Funniest thing was Rod Stewart at the Centre in 80's, he came on and it kicked off near the front...he stopped the gig and told the fighters to f*** off out of it...the fight ended there. Also, anyone at the CHIC gig at the centre where we were all dancing on the chairs and the management kept switching the lights on to make us sit down.the management had put all the chairs out for a disco band - pathetic..no-one did and it carried on...brilliant gig.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pursey thought - egged on by Garry Bushell - that he was the messiah and could control the skins. He couldn't. In the end, the low-IQ far right inbred fuckwits turned on him same as they turned on everybody else who shared the same gig-space with them, and Pursey burst into tears and ponced of to LA to do photo-shoots in dinner jackets. Can't say I blame him, mind, leaving the lowest form of white trash ever shat into creation - copyright Irvine Welsh INNIT - to wallow in their own ignorance.

(Still hate these scum twenty five years down the line - football rivalry don't even come CLOSE)

Tom Hark said:
Pursey thought - egged on by Garry Bushell - that he was the messiah and could control the skins. He couldn't. In the end, the low-IQ far right inbred fuckwits turned on him same as they turned on everybody else who shared the same gig-space with them, and Pursey burst into tears and ponced of to LA to do photo-shoots in dinner jackets. Can't say I blame him, mind, leaving the lowest form of white trash ever shat into creation - copyright Irvine Welsh INNIT - to wallow in their own ignorance.

(Still hate these scum twenty five years down the line - football rivalry don't even come CLOSE)

Ah Yes, Bushell the 'NF' rep for the papers.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Much of the trouble at Sham69 gigs was between the far right and the ICF. The ICF had a fair few members from the west Indian community, who liked nothing better than debating immigration issues with the far right.:lolol:

always though the Cockney Rejects were a WHU band

Gary Bushell what a great advertisement for the master race:rolleyes:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Sham 69 got their name from some graffitti in a bog in Hersham apparently.

Bushell was an absolute dickhead, all things to all men. He was a Leftie when he was in the pub with us and right wing when he was drinking with the other lot. The boneheads were always really tough when there was odds of 10-1 in their favour but by about '84 the tables had well and truly turned
and Anti Fascist Action had them on the run.....
(Madness at Hatfield Forum, Adicts/Newtown Neurotics at Brixton Ace - now the Academy - being two very good examples. The final big battle was of course Waterloo 1992!!!)

The right wing bonehead scene is very much quietened down now in the UK but it's absolutely horrible in parts of mainland Europe, especially the former eastern bloc.

Looking back it was truly incredible how much hassle there was at punk gigs. In 82 and 83 I reckon there were fights at about one punk/skin gig in 3 I performed at or went to.

attila said:
Sham 69 got their name from some graffitti in a bog in Hersham apparently.

Bushell was an absolute dickhead, all things to all men. He was a Leftie when he was in the pub with us and right wing when he was drinking with the other lot. The boneheads were always really tough when there was odds of 10-1 in their favour but by about '84 the tables had well and truly turned
and Anti Fascist Action had them on the run.....
(Madness at Hatfield Forum, Adicts/Newtown Neurotics at Brixton Ace - now the Academy - being two very good examples. The final big battle was of course Waterloo 1992!!!)

The right wing bonehead scene is very much quietened down now in the UK but it's absolutely horrible in parts of mainland Europe, especially the former eastern bloc.

Looking back it was truly incredible how much hassle there was at punk gigs. In 82 and 83 I reckon there were fights at about one punk/skin gig in 3 I performed at or went to.

I know this will be close to Attila heart and in relation to the BNP thread. Despite all the hassle we had at gigs. The punk scene led the Rock Againgst Racism agenda, which I personally believe, led a sea change in changing attitudes in the South-East and particularly racism.

It certainly reinforced my views.

Thinking back over time music at that time really reflected and profiled the conflict we had in society at that time.

LC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here