Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sayings the younger gen don't understand

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Had to explain to my late teenage kids that "pasting" someone meant me beating someone to a paste with my fists, and was not me beating off with a fist, onto someone. I taught them the meaning of the word Bukake in passing.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just did one!
I was just talking to a work colleague about some one we both know.
My colleague was commenting on how grumpy this bloke sounded on the phone, to which I replied,'he wouldn't say boo to a goose'.
Which of course then required the obligatory explanation.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Itchy Beard was derived from the sarcastic comment "yeah, and my beards really itchy" which of course no kid has. This would later become just a visible chin rub and no words, to indicate you didn't believe what someone was saying, this got added to the sarcastic phrase "Yeah, reckon" and we ended up verbalising the chin rub gesture and "Yeah, reckon" as "Chinny reck-on". Chin rubs and chinny reck-on led to "Jimmy Hill" (biggest chin) being used in response to the most outrageous bullcrap.

Itch my itchy beard.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
From shop assistants, cafe staff, waiters etc:
They no longer seem to say:
"Can I help you (sir)?"
Or
"What would you like?"
when you're waiting to be served.

Increasingly they just say:
"You alright (mate)?"

and then seem confused when I simply reply:
"Yes, I'm very well, thank you", and wait for them to ask me what I'd like.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hate it too! Our son and 3 friends came over this summer for a holiday and every time we ate out, they said to the waiter "Can I get" Where the F*** did they learn this from?

Part of the problem is the staff asking 'What can I get you?' rather than 'What would you like?' or as above 'Can I help you?'

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Had to explain to my late teenage kids that "pasting" someone meant me beating someone to a paste with my fists, and was not me beating off with a fist, onto someone. I taught them the meaning of the word Bukake in passing.

Genuine question: are they dead, or did you mean they were in their late teens aka 17, 18, 19 ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here