Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Say we don't get promoted this season (yes I know, but just say)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed, arguably chance of promotion automatically are about 50%
More like 30% at best.

With a 25% chance in the playoffs though, that does make nearly 50% overall. Not bad.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Apart from the strikers, those you've listed haven't been central to our performances, so they shouldn't be difficult to replace. Replacing strikers is always a problem because good ones are expensive. And replacing those in the OP would be a pain too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see offers for Stephens either. And is Bruno really going to play at this level until he's 80?

Indeed, we have 7 or 8 players who are not up to par, I owuld rather we replaced them with 4 quality signings. The squad is too big !

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Let's put this another way. When we get promoted this year, and we are, how many of our team will we keep?
In other words, are the players mentioned good enough for the Prem or will CH bring in big names?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Here is an interesting question: is a team more likely to win five consecutive matches at the end of the season, when the pressure is on, or in mid-season, when there is no pressure?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Here is an interesting question: is a team more likely to win five consecutive matches at the end of the season, when the pressure is on, or in mid-season, when there is no pressure?

you mean 7 consecutive matches?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We are talking probability. The 2 results in the bag no longer influence the chance.

Then i would like to think that the pressure can help so long as the weight of expectation is not too high....still we have 4 wins on the spin at best this season...

Are we talking the last 5 matches or could we win the next 3 only?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I meant our next five (and final) games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Greer will be push 36 so he may be able to cover the occasional absence if Dunk/Goldson were injured or suspended. Let's not forget we have Uwe Hünemeier as well, he's 'only' 30.

I think we'd hold onto most of our names actually. Like we did with Dunk when the interest came.

We have 4 CBs now when all are fit so if either Dunk or Goldson leave we would need anorther CB even with GG and Uwe to make up our quota of 4.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I meant our next five (and final) games.

In that scenario then i would say given we know what would result in winning those 5 and being that we are a true team,i would like to think we will win the lot..

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Which players do you think other clubs would try to buy and would we sell?

Goldson
Dunk
Kayal
Knockaert

all leap out as the obvious ones, not sure there would be interest in anyone else, or not from anyone big enough to tempt them away.

Should think we would get £15 to 20 million for those four(?) If we have to sell that is.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Which players do you think other clubs would try to buy and would we sell?

Goldson
Dunk
Kayal
Knockaert

all leap out as the obvious ones, not sure there would be interest in anyone else, or not from anyone big enough to tempt them away.

Trying to put a positive spin on it.... Lets hope we can get Kayal and Stephens signed up on decent contracts in the summer as we don't want a Barnes situation to occur. Hopefully buy the only missing piece of the jigsaw that 20+ goal scorer. Keep the squad together and win the league at a canter.....

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
These conjecture threads are ridiculous. Can't believe anyone is thinking beyond the next game. Worry about this shit if and when it happens.

Hardly ridiculous and helps to pass the time between matches and helps combat the constant worrying about wtf is going to happen between now and the end of the season.

Frankly I'd think that the entire squad are candidates to any aspiring team looking to copy our model but depending on the nature of any 'failure' to be promoted then I expect us to hold on to all/everyone if we want to or price expectations aren't met by any bidders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here