Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Say we DO get promoted (yes I know) which players would we keep?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Not saying I agree with it but if we went up I think it would go something like;

Stockdale
NewLB - NewCB - Goldson/Dunk - Bruno/Rosenior
Knockeart - Kayal - NewCM - NewRM
NewST - NewST​

An experienced CB to partner either Dunk or Goldson.
A LB with Bong as cover.
A big money CM with Stephens being brought in when we go 4-3-3.
An winger from abroad with Skalak/Murphy being second choice, Kaz Sold & March on loan.
£15m split between two strikers.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Definitely keep, but not necessarily play as first choice;

Stockdale, Walton
Bruno, Greer, Hünemeier, Dunk, Bong, Goldson, Rosenior
Stephens, Kayal, JFC, March, Knockaert, Towell, Skalak
Hemed, Zamora

The others just aren't good enough, even some of these mentioned above will need replacing after a season at that level if we were to go up, and stay up. I think the real problem is going to be getting shot of rubbish like Baldock. Elvis we can just loan out to someone, he might become a player at some stage. Ince would need loaning out again, JFC probably as well, maybe Towell too.

What's your problem with Baldock? Do you have some sort of agenda against him or something?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Your hatred of Baldock is just bizarre and unjustified. To say you think there are better options would be fair enough if that's your opinion, but to say he is 'rubbish' is just plain wrong. Our team is much stronger with him in it, hence why Hughton plays him whenever he is fit and hence why we haven't lost a game he has started this season. How many has Hemed scored whilst Baldock hasn't been on the pitch this season? Not many, I know that much.

I wouldn't necessarily have him down as a regular starter in the PL but he would be a great squad player to have at least.

What's your problem with Baldock? Do you have some sort of agenda against him or something?

He isn't a good enough player at this level, let alone in the Premier League. We'd have trouble getting rid of him, whether we go up or stay where we are. He's massively overrated by many on here for no real reason. His workrate is no better than average, his movement is no better than average and his finishing is so far below average at this level which is why he doesn't score any goals.

It's the same thing with LuaLua, because of his occasional moments where he impacts games the other 5 where he does absolutely nothing are forgotten. Jiri Skalak probably has more assists in his half dozen appearances than Kaz has in the last couple of seasons because the gulf in class is massive.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not saying I agree with it but if we went up I think it would go something like;

Stockdale
NewLB - NewCB - Goldson/Dunk - Bruno/Rosenior
Knockeart - Kayal - NewCM - NewRM
NewST - NewST​

An experienced CB to partner either Dunk or Goldson.
A LB with Bong as cover.
A big money CM with Stephens being brought in when we go 4-3-3.
An winger from abroad with Skalak/Murphy being second choice, Kaz Sold & March on loan.
£15m split between two strikers.
Why are you putting the LB on the right hand side of defence and the RM on the left?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He isn't a good enough player at this level, let alone in the Premier League. We'd have trouble getting rid of him, whether we go up or stay where we are. He's massively overrated by many on here for no real reason. His workrate is no better than average, his movement is no better than average and his finishing is so far below average at this level which is why he doesn't score any goals.

It's the same thing with LuaLua, because of his occasional moments where he impacts games the other 5 where he does absolutely nothing are forgotten. Jiri Skalak probably has more assists in his half dozen appearances than Kaz has in the last couple of seasons because the gulf in class is massive.

I find it very odd, considering Manu and Baldock cost the same from what I've seen, that you are so critical of Baldock and say Manu will be so easy to loan out. Whatever you say about Baldock and his goals, he has played a key part in our season (read Hughton's comments in the Argus today to see his thoughts on Baldock, although I'm sure you know better). Manu on the other hand has been a massive disappointment and then gone to Huddersfield and not played. I find it very odd that you would be so critical of one and let the other off so lightly.

If we go up, we'll definitely sign at least two strikers but I would be surprised if Baldock is not part of the 25 man squad for the Premier League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As much as I agree with 'not now' sentiment.

I'm going to leap to Tomer's defence, I think he'd do rather well up a division but only if he's properly supported.

He's straight out of the Andy Carroll 'they don't like it up'em' school of football but with better movement and more finesse.
His speed (or lack of) will let him down, but if the 3 other new strikers make up for that I can Hemed causing trouble.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Evolution not revolution. We'd free the peripheral players and replace with others who could push the current first team, same as how we'd approach another season in division 2 really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here