Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Saving up for flights 2024 !

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Not going on holiday this year as it’s pretty costly. Just fancy a week in Spain next summer with the family. Is there any app that I can pay monthly in to (without being able to get at it) and in March when the flights are announced I can spend the saved money on flights ?

I see Ryanair do vouchers so that’s a possibility but it would be from Luton.

I’m not mature with money as you may notice.

I’ve used loqbox for the accommodation but they are 12 month savings.

I know this is way off any football topic so I apologise for that !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This sort of thing always reminds me of the blokes who went door to door around a rough arsed Middleborough estate collecting a couple of quid every week, for the kids Christmas party.
They did it for months, taking in thousands of pounds then promptly disappeared on 01.12.

Tough not to admire them!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Not going on holiday this year as it’s pretty costly. Just fancy a week in Spain next summer with the family. Is there any app that I can pay monthly in to (without being able to get at it) and in March when the flights are announced I can spend the saved money on flights ?

On The Beach do payment plans.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You could simply buy Easyjet gift vouchers (or those from 'Flightgift' if you want a choice of airline)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You can put money into 'pots' with Monzo. More info here: https://monzo.com/pots/

I've found it to be really useful for saving up for bigger things.

Another recommendation for Monzo, I really like their budgeting and saving tools on their App. Not the best rates on easy access but reasonable enough.

Depending on the saving pot you use you can empty it though, so if you have no self control might be better options.

scooter1

How soon is now?
This sort of thing always reminds me of the blokes who went door to door around a rough arsed Middleborough estate collecting a couple of quid every week, for the kids Christmas party.
They did it for months, taking in thousands of pounds then promptly disappeared on 01.12.

Tough not to admire them!
All sound a bit Arthur Fowler..

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
You can stuff it my bank if you like....................I wont give it back........................hope that helps!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here