Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save PAFC - Go green for Leeds game?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I have to admit that while being 100% behind the campaign the possibility of our players getting distracted has crossed my mind.

I'm sure that Plymouth fans won't mind if we ensure that The Albion, players and supporters, concentrate on trying to get three points.

Do the whole 'Go Green' thing but once we get to kick off it has to be 100% behind The Albion.

I think actually it could create a really good atmosphere

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
I hope I haven't overstepped the mark here.

Earlier somebody suggested contacting Aviva given their association with the Green Army advert. They suggested enquiring whether Aviva could provide the green card to hold up before the game. Since Bozza has now sorted this himseld, I thought it was worthwhile seeing whether they could provide green balloons or something else for use at the Leeds or Liverpool games.

Anyway, I doubt anything will come of it but thought it worth a try.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think actually it could create a really good atmosphere

I'm sure it will and hopefully the atmosphere will drive The Albion on to 3 points.

D

Deleted member 2719

I am all for demonstration before and after outside the Stadium and walks across the seafront etc. But this is NOT a plymouth Argle match.

Am i missing something why are we doing their job, i know we are the past masters of this sort of thing but should this not be happening at home park,like ripping down the goals, sit in's etc.

I really am not convinced we should be doing this, is Gus happy about this distraction?

Feb 14, 2010
I am all for demonstration before and after outside the Stadium and walks across the seafront etc. But this is NOT a plymouth Argle match.

Am i missing something why are we doing their job, i know we are the past masters of this sort of thing but should this not be happening at home park,like ripping down the goals, sit in's etc.

I really am not convinced we should be doing this, is Gus happy about this distraction?

Yes mate you are missing something. Its what makes Brighton, Brighton. Gus will have to go with it and I expect he will use it to his advantage. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes mate you are missing something. Its what makes Brighton, Brighton. Gus will have to go with it and I expect he will use it to his advantage. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

I just think it's a negative atmosphere which should be had with their supporters so they can get more emotion to push home some sort of investors who are able to buy them and feel there is the passion still in Plymouth so there investment is worthwhile. "let's be aving you". Tony Bloom saw the passion in our fire and new when the time was right we would repay him.

Don't get me wrong when your down on your luck i would be the first one to help but you have to help yourself first.

kent green

Sep 6, 2011
Evening chaps. Argyle fan here based in South-East Kent. I am overwhelmed and amazed by the generous reponse from NSC to our plight and would like to thank you for all your help. This is what football should be about.

Best wishes for the season ahead and I hope that you can celebrate your first season in your new ground with promotion.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I have a bit of a soft spot for Plymouth. Home Park is a great ground & the scene of our promotion a decade ago. Great day. I really hope the green day takes off around the Amex for the Leeds game, I've ordered my scarf.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
just got a 5ft green balloon I'm in WSU so should look good bouncing around in there

You'd better get there about 5pm if you want it blown up in time for kick off.

Bert365

May 7, 2006
not sure if this had been said before I know people that don't know anything about go green for Leeds so I've told them and there going out to get their scarves. just a idea could we not buy a bulk lot of flags or scarves and sell them around ground to those who don't realize any profits going towards the cause.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I have to admit that while being 100% behind the campaign the possibility of our players getting distracted has crossed my mind.

I'm sure that Plymouth fans won't mind if we ensure that The Albion, players and supporters, concentrate on trying to get three points.

Do the whole 'Go Green' thing but once we get to kick off it has to be 100% behind The Albion.

that's why I'd suggested one potential song for the evening (as sung on North Stand during last Goldstone games) be You'll Never Walk Alone - perfect words for occassion but keeps a positive atmosphere for the players - along with all our usual Albion songs

anyway, 4 scarves ordered for me and mates in WSU

have to agree with many that our role is to help raise the profile of Plymouth's plight - BUT it's very much for Argyle fans to then run with it. can't help but thinking their fans need to be taking this forward with some more urgency and unity from what i've read on PASOTI etc. i am proud of what we're trying to do here though. and they definitely deserve our efforts.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
A good manager can turn every situation to their advantage, and Gus is a brilliant manager. I think he'll be able to turn our passion for football into a reason for the players to win for us. As long as we cheer our team on as passionately as we normally do. I'm not sure how exposed the players would be to it anyway.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
"Albion.... Argyle!"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I hope I haven't overstepped the mark here.

Earlier somebody suggested contacting Aviva given their association with the Green Army advert. They suggested enquiring whether Aviva could provide the green card to hold up before the game. Since Bozza has now sorted this himseld, I thought it was worthwhile seeing whether they could provide green balloons or something else for use at the Leeds or Liverpool games.

Anyway, I doubt anything will come of it but thought it worth a try.

Great effort - stick with it!
Some brilliant fans have committed to blowing up 1,000 balloons on my behalf to make up for my inability to get to the game (bad fan). Unfortunately committments mean I won't even be able to watch :(
Not sure they realise how long it will take though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here