Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sausages! What's your favourite?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Toulouse sausage. Comes as a continuous sausage, cut to length, wound into a Catherine Wheel shape for cooking then cut into smaller portions for eating. Usually bought when a French Market comes to town.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I thought that chap came from Burgess Hill as he used The Cricketers when we ran it.

He does. I've got that wrong. Thought you were talking about him as his surname is Knight. Didn't realise we weren't talking about BUG.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If you really are in Southampton, you NEED to get yourself to Uptons.

I know Uptons. I am actually in Chandlers Ford, and we have a very excellent butcher two minutes walk away in the form of Baynhams.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Favourite would probably be speldhurst.
Have recently found a Brazilian inspired sausage in Tesco's finest range that has pork with black beans and chorizo which is rather nice.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Braughing are my local sausages and are worth a mention. http://www.braughingsausage.com/

Really like Cypriot Sheftalia but not sure whether they are technically a sausage.

Jesus are they still good? When I lived in that part of the world 45 yrs ago they were the mutts nuts then, people would go for miles to get them. . If love to taste them again.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I tried making my own, that was a long, disappointing exercise. I buy leek and pork or leek and red onion from Malpass in Shoreham By Sea.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Key to making your own is a powerful electric mincer and pre coiled/loaded skins ready to fit onto the nozzle.

I'd like to try again, it's satisfying producing your own food and makes up a good chunk of my diet with stuff from my small holding t so I should persevere!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Malpass's stuff is mass produced pile them high, sell them cheap garbage - I'm not sure why you differentiate between them and the others?

If you read my post it is my wife who likes them. She doesnt eat sausages generally unless cooked on sons BBQ and she happens to like them never would she have sausages in a sandwich or with mash or egg and chips.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If you read my post it is my wife who likes them. She doesnt eat sausages generally unless cooked on sons BBQ and she happens to like them never would she have sausages in a sandwich or with mash or egg and chips.

Does she not like toad in the hold or a sausage roll? What about sausage casserole?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here