Oh dear.

Attachments

• Humanity.gif
    Humanity.gif
    1 MB · Views: 321

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Personally I'd be rather glad to discover that the club I support wasn't going to fall into the hands of a blood-soaked regime whose ideas of how a society should be run remain in the Dark Ages. But maybe that's just me. And a few million other football fans.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Personally I'd be rather glad to discover that the club I support wasn't going to fall into the hands of a blood-soaked regime whose ideas of how a society should be run remain in the Dark Ages. But maybe that's just me. And a few million other football fans.

Yep! I would rather be in league 2 and poor then win the champions league with owners like that.It would be the day I stop supporting Brighton. I can't understand why Newcastle fans were so desperate for it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

According to my (deluded) Newcastle supporting mate, Ashley is far far worse.:facepalm:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Well this is good news for Brighton as well. I'm sure the bookies odds for relegation have widened some what after this news.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Poor old Ashley, he will be blowing chunks in to his fireplace tonight for sure.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Christ the Premier League have played this well. Stuck in a situation where they'll piss off basically everybody (Qatar, Amnesty, the established elite clubs, etc.) if they accept but can't find a valid reason not to in their own rules so bog it down with bureaucratic process leading to the Saudi's buggering off.

I'm sure Amanda Staveley will be back for a third time as part of a new consortium. Hopefully, Fat Mike will have a fire sale in the meantime.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Newcastle fans are a bit like the Leeds fans with the mantra that they DESERVE to be and have the DIVINE right to be a top 6 club.

Load of bollox if you ask me. You are we you are now, not where you were years ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
According to 5live and TS over the last few weeks, the PL wouldn't cave in regarding the Saudi's state-sponsored broadcasting piracy of PL matches.

A PL condition was the unequivocal end to the fraud.

But by all accounts the bullying Saudis are used to getting exactly what they want, only on their terms.

Not this time :lolol:

Arrivederci.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Newcastle fans are a bit like the Leeds fans with the mantra that they DESERVE to be and have the DIVINE right to be a top 6 club.

Load of bollox if you ask me. You are we you are now, not where you were years ago.

With the slight difference that, in the past 50 years, Leeds have won the league twice, the FA Cup once and have appeared in a European Cup final. Newcastle, on the other hand, have won the square root of cock-all in that time.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Another "we have lots of fans so we deserve success' club.

Don't get me wrong: I rather like the city and role part the club plays in it. I can't think of any other place which felt like such a football city as when I went up there. Most big cities have more than one team, so there's divided loyalties, or the ground is away from the centre like Liverpool/ Everton. Walking around the centre of Newcastle on match day, with the stadium towering over it all, and thousands of people in their black & white shirts, felt quite unique, and I thought it was great.

But my god do they have a sense of entitlement. They've won **** all in sixty odd years yet seem to think the world owes them a trophy. And the media loves to bang on about what great fans they are- if Ashley is that bad, why do they not actually do anything meaningful about him? All they do is moan on social media about how hard done by they are because they're mid table in the Premier League. What would Sunderland give for that? Or Exeter, or Crawley or Bradford City? He's not asset stripping the place: he just can't or won't spend a fortune. It's called living within your means. Like most clubs do. I don't see Norwich fans screaming at Delia for not funding the purchase of a £60m striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here