Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudis confiscate rainbow coloured toys

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Confiscating rainbow coloured toys is the first good idea to come out of Saudi Arabia for a very long time.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Confiscating rainbow coloured toys is the first good idea to come out of Saudi Arabia for a very long time.

Im not sure if I am being "whoooshed" here, and if so well done, but assuming you are in fact serious- please could you tell us why?

Do you honestly believe multicoloured toys promote homosexuality, cause it, or have any adverse effect on the developmental process of a child, or suddenly turn teenage boys gay when they walk past a shop selling such items?

Assuming that you are aware bright colours do not cause anyone to change sexual orientation, I wonder what possible reason you could have for wanting Saudi to get rid of them.

If rainbow toys have any effect, shouldnt "straight" toys have the opposite effect? Didn't work on me or my husband!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Get your scarves in now for the Saudi visit.
79685EF2-739E-4654-ABCA-F305E135C0BF.jpeg
It would be nice if the club did those pre-match rainbow fireworks again. If they sort the colours out.
58AF8E31-700D-4C38-898D-7B6F7E415C2A.jpeg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Im not sure if I am being "whoooshed" here, and if so well done, but assuming you are in fact serious- please could you tell us why?

Do you honestly believe multicoloured toys promote homosexuality, cause it, or have any adverse effect on the developmental process of a child, or suddenly turn teenage boys gay when they walk past a shop selling such items?

Assuming that you are aware bright colours do not cause anyone to change sexual orientation, I wonder what possible reason you could have for wanting Saudi to get rid of them.

If rainbow toys have any effect, shouldnt "straight" toys have the opposite effect? Didn't work on me or my husband!

Being totally straight, I totally agree with you, and so does my wife.

We would happily wave rainbow flags for all the nice and genuine gay people we have known over the years, including our daughter and her partner. She once said: “Mum, I didn’t choose to be gay, and my life would be a lot less complicated if I wasn’t.”

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I’m afraid you’ve replied to the most tedious troll on the board.
[MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] is a stupid and reactionary old man who doesn’t even understand that adding an @ sign before a user name is the internet’s way of mentioning them in a reply (yes, I’ve just done it again for the lols).

He spends all day worrying about things like rainbow laces, knee taking and vegetarian sausage roles as if each one were somehow preventing him from enjoying life to the maximum when what he enjoys the most is actually throwing that outrage up all over the internet.

Anyway, Happy Brighton Pride day to all. I hope it’s a blast. I’d be there were I not on my way to Manchester for the weekend to applaud the knee (and watch the game).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I really like the pride merch. Perhaps the directors' box seats should be replaced with rainbow ones.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Being totally straight, I totally agree with you, and so does my wife.

We would happily wave rainbow flags for all the nice and genuine gay people we have known over the years, including our daughter and her partner. She once said: “Mum, I didn’t choose to be gay, and my life would be a lot less complicated if I wasn’t.”

I think this is the thing, i wouldnt want to be anyother way than i am now, but as a young boy, there were countless nights crying wishing i was straight,
I honestly dont know a single gay person who hasn't said exactly what your daughter did, i wouldnt change it, but life would have been so much simpler if i was straight

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Best laid plans. Just about to leave and my Mum has just rung and said she isn't coming to Pride as it's too hot for her :rolleyes:

Being in her 90's, under 5ft tall and with a walking stick, she has always guaranteed us a place right at the front to watch the parade for the last few years as everyone obviously lets her through. Anyone know where I can borrow a wheelchair at short notice :wink:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’m afraid you’ve replied to the most tedious troll on the board.
[MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] is a stupid and reactionary old man who doesn’t even understand that adding an @ sign before a user name is the internet’s way of mentioning them in a reply (yes, I’ve just done it again for the lols).

He spends all day worrying about things like rainbow laces, knee taking and vegetarian sausage roles as if each one were somehow preventing him from enjoying life to the maximum when what he enjoys the most is actually throwing that outrage up all over the internet.

Anyway, Happy Brighton Pride day to all. I hope it’s a blast. I’d be there were I not on my way to Manchester for the weekend to applaud the knee (and watch the game).

What sort of roles do vegetarian sausages get to play these days? Presumably not the meatier ones. Hope they've got their equity cards.................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here